Dispensary: Green Cross of Cherry Creek
By William Breathes
Union Station fire endangers historic overhang
By Patricia Calhoun
Ten worst domestic-travel cities for summer 2013
By Michael Roberts
Five benefits of Denver Airport City development
City declares Wednesday "Bike Night"
Tim Tebow is cut by Jets, Meme Nation piles on
Big Blue Bear vandalism: Charges rejected
Sonia Sotomayor tells students to take chances
By Melanie Asmar
1. What first name placed first in the most mayoral elections in Denver?
2. From the time Denver was incorporated until 1904, mayors served:
A. Until they were driven from office by hooting, drunken crowds of miners.
B. Two years.
C. A decade, or until they turned sixty.
D. Alternating terms depending on who controlled the state legislature and paid the biggest bribes.
3. When a young, once-ponytailed reformer made a run for office, detractors called the candidate and his supporters:
A. Feddy and the Dreamers.
B. The Little Engine Who Could.
C. The Hippie Hopeful and His Tribe.
D. A joke.
4. Denver's mayors have made lasting and significant...aw, forget it. How is the city's form of government officially described?
A. One for all and all for one.
B. Strong non-partisan mayor.
C. Giant and Lilliputians.
D. Executive elector.
5. What organization came to power in Colorado in the 1920s with the elections of Clarence Morely as governor and Ben Stapleton as mayor of Denver?
A. The Union Pacific Railroad brotherhood of locomotive engineers.
B. Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 1.
C. The Ku Klux Klan.
D. The Prohibition Party.
6. Lest we forget his legacy, what does Mayor Wellington E. Webb's middle initial stand for?
B. Nothing. It's just a letter.
1. C. Four Williams and a Will have filled the mayoral bill. Tough luck, Mr. Hickenlooper.
2. B. Two years.
3. A. Feddy and the Dreamers was the label affixed to future mayor Federico Peña and company.
4. B. "Strong, nonpartisan mayor" is the official, if vague, description.
5. C. Klansmen ruled in one of the sorriest chapters in state history.
6. D. Our first African-American mayor (take that, Ben Stapleton) went to the Ed of the class.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city