Black Friday 2011: A soul-crushing compilation of humanity at its worst
It's Black Friday in America. When flat-screen TV's at deep discounts cause annual madness. It's like that scene in 28 Days Later, when a cluster of people become infected with rage and turn on one another like mindless flesh-craving monsters.
Here's a compilation of videos from today, Black Friday 2011.
5. Xbox Crush Location: A Walmart in Falcon, Colorado Notably Sad Event: A crowd of shoppers around Xbox video games get told to "STOP PUSHING! BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!" while it appears people get forcibly pushed back. It's just a video game, everyone.
4. The Texas Trample Location: A Walmart in Mesquite, Texas Notably Sad Events: A woman almost being trampled, another woman crying and a man yelling "GET THE FUCK UP!" over the chaos.
3. A Child's Call to Reason Location: A Walmart in Kansas City, Missouri Notably Sad Events: Chilren shrieking, adults yelling, what appears to be a box that once held video games being hoisted into the air like a trash can during a riot, and what sounds like a child, telling no one in particular, "Guys, geez!"
The worst two are on Page 2.
2. TACKLED! Location: Unknown Notably Sad Event: The utter joy, usually reserved for the birth of a child or World Series win, over what appears to be a toy. This video isn't so directly negative, and who's to say this mother -- who apparently tackles her friend -- isn't getting a gift for her child who's been good all year? Really, it's just getting included for the soft tackle she applies to her friend.
1. The Computer Will Break In a Year Anyway Location: A Walmart in America. Notably Sad Events: People vying for shitty computers.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.