Black Friday 2011: A soul-crushing compilation of humanity at its worst
It's Black Friday in America. When flat-screen TV's at deep discounts cause annual madness. It's like that scene in 28 Days Later, when a cluster of people become infected with rage and turn on one another like mindless flesh-craving monsters.
Here's a compilation of videos from today, Black Friday 2011.
5. Xbox Crush Location: A Walmart in Falcon, Colorado Notably Sad Event: A crowd of shoppers around Xbox video games get told to "STOP PUSHING! BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!" while it appears people get forcibly pushed back. It's just a video game, everyone.
4. The Texas Trample Location: A Walmart in Mesquite, Texas Notably Sad Events: A woman almost being trampled, another woman crying and a man yelling "GET THE FUCK UP!" over the chaos.
3. A Child's Call to Reason Location: A Walmart in Kansas City, Missouri Notably Sad Events: Chilren shrieking, adults yelling, what appears to be a box that once held video games being hoisted into the air like a trash can during a riot, and what sounds like a child, telling no one in particular, "Guys, geez!"
The worst two are on Page 2.
2. TACKLED! Location: Unknown Notably Sad Event: The utter joy, usually reserved for the birth of a child or World Series win, over what appears to be a toy. This video isn't so directly negative, and who's to say this mother -- who apparently tackles her friend -- isn't getting a gift for her child who's been good all year? Really, it's just getting included for the soft tackle she applies to her friend.
1. The Computer Will Break In a Year Anyway Location: A Walmart in America. Notably Sad Events: People vying for shitty computers.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.