Color Shock celebrates color and couture at the TACTile Textile Art Center
The Yves Saint Laurent spectacular has come and gone from the Denver Art Museum, but its inspiration -- a renewed appreciation for the craft, creativity and sheer beauty of high couture -- stays on, especially within the local design community.
The value of that exhibition certainly wasn't lost on Dianne Denholm of the TACtile Textile Arts Center, a woman who's dedicated her career to furthering the textile arts -- and a winner of a 2012 MasterMind award.
- Dianne Denholm: 2012 MasterMind award winner - Style Local: Dianne Denholm, TACtile Textile Arts Center - Mona Lucero dishes on YSL and the magic of haute couture - Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective -- the hottest ticket in town
By Denholm's own admission, YSL had a turn-around effect on the way she's curating her gallery space and in turn inspired tomorrow's Color Shock fashion show at TACtile. A hue-heavy showcase for local designers, the runway will catch fire at 7 p.m., following a meet-and-greet reception at 6 p.m.
Think Vivian Westwood, Diane Von Furstenberg, Prada and, of course YSL, all of whom revel(ed) in color, and prepare to put on your shades for this one.
Admission is $3 to $5; e-mail TACtile or call 720-524-8886 for reservations and information.
Find information on hundreds of other arts and entertainment events in our online Calendar.
To keep up with the Froyd's eye-view of arts and culture in Denver, "like" my fan page on Facebook.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.
More Arts News
- What Do You Love in This State? Enter DCI's "Crushing" on Colorado Contest
- Just in Time for Valentine's Day: A Sweet Deal on Tickets to Artopia 2016
- Bruce Dern to Be Honored at Twelfth Annual Boulder International Film Festival
- Steet Style: Ka'uilani Sterling Sports a Winning Look in a Sea of Orange and Blue