Five fashion events to attend in Denver in September
September is the start of fall and the biggest season for fashion. Here is a guide to five fashion events in Denver to keep on your radar this month. From films to fashion shows to tributes, we've got you covered.
1) Metropolitan State University of Denver is throwing an event today, September 4, called "Own It" to celebrate the arts. Some brands that are showing new designs include: Stephanie O by Stephanie Ohnmacht, Native Clutter, Equillibrium by Deb Henriksen, the Denver Fashion Truck and Imminent Rise by Kristen Little-John. Fashion shows will start at 4 p.m. and run every 45 minutes through the evening. Equillibrium will be showing at 4 p.m. at the MSU Denver Center for Innovation Building.
2) An exclusive Loeffler Randall trunk show at Goldyn boutique is going down Thursday, September 5 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Be one of the first to preview and shop Loeffler Randall's fall 2013 footwear and handbag collection before it hits stores. The New York City-based brand, founded in 2005 by designer Jessie Randall, has quickly gained attention, even winning a CFDA award, and has become an industry staple among fashion editors, stylists, celebrities and designers. Champagne will be provided for fashionistas at this free event.
3) Celebrate Fashion in Cherry Creek North on September 12 is shaping up to be a thrilling night of fashion with district-wide in-store events, a children's fashion show, and ending with a world-class runway fashion show. The adult show will feature men's and women's lingerie, outerwear, and day- and night-time wear. Celebrate Fashion runs from 5 to 9:30 p.m. at the Fillmore Plaza, and tickets are $60 for general admission or $125-$200 each for seated VIP. Go to the website to purchase tickets.
4) RedLine art gallery is putting on a fashion show titled "Ain't No Shame in Their Game" on September 13, in honor of the late Denver city councilwoman Carla Madison. Visit their website for more details.
5) On Tuesday September 17, the Denver Public Library will be showing Fashion on Film: Blonde Venus as part of their Fresh City Life series. This 1932 pre-Hayes code film stars the fashion icon Marlene Dietrich and is studied by the fashion community for its costume design. As usual, this event is free, and the film screening lasts from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Go to the library's website for more details.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.