Gettin' Crafty: beer magnets
A festive Shiner cap
For all those who give pom-pom critters for birthdays, feel an urge to stick googly eyes on everything or just occasionally get a twitch to fold some origami, we bring you "Gettin' Crafty" where we feature a craft you can easily make with minimal supplies and limited finances. Here's a useful way to keep track of the breweries you like, while keeping your fridge organized. And it takes almost zero time. Seriously, approximately seconds to make.
- Bottle caps. I recommend using ones from beers and breweries you like to help you remember what you have tried the next time you are on a beer run, or just ones that look cool. This takes a little bit of planning to remember to save the caps, so conversely, you could have a magnet making party where you encourage beer guzzling for the sake of the caps. Or root beer guzzling.
- Magnets. See step three.
- Strong craft glue or hot glue
- Duct tape
1. Clean the inside of the beer caps with soap and water. Dry them off.
2. Stuff the inside of the beer cap with duct tape, so the magnet will glue on the flat surface.
3. Depending on the type of magnet, you can either directly glue the magnet to the surface, or cut the correct size needed out of a magnet sheet.
4. Put a thin coat of glue on the duct tape and the magnet. Let it dry for an hour or so, just to be safe.
5. Put it on the fridge. And who says crafts are time consuming?
As a precaution, not SUPER strong...
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.