Gettin' Crafty: Eye patches fer yer mateys!
- Foam or felt. I used the liner from an old bra, which was perfect.
- Elastic edging or a thin elastic headband.
- Needle and thread
1. Cut your bra liner/felt/foam into a convincing eye patch shape. Hold the fabric up to your face, and cut carefully, so you don't nick your face.
2. Hold the elastic around your head, leaving a two inch gap where the patch will be. Snip the elastic to a comfortable but snug size for your head. No one wants a droopy eye patch!
3. Thread the needle with some black thread.
4. At the top of the patch shape, begin sewing the elastic to the material. About 8-10 stitches should hold, and make sure you tie the end off securely.
5. Repeat on the other side of the patch with the other end of the elastic.
6. Put on your head, and practice your best "argh".
If only I had a parrot...
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.