Gettin' Crafty: trading cards for the artsy sort
- Scrapbook-y type art supplies
- Envelopes and stamps to mail off your mini masterpieces
2. Pick a swap to participate in. I choose "Be Charmed", so I was to incorporate a charm somewhere in my Art Card. You can find swaps in everything from "Bob Dylan Lyrics" to "Photography". If you don't find anything that inspires you (picky, eh?) just start your own.
3. Make your card using whatever you want. The restrictions are few, except that it has to fit inside of an envelope, so nothing too 3D. Many ask you to put a backing on it (like foam board or cardstock) and mail it in a plastic sleeve.
4. Mail it off to a fellow swapper. If you want it returned, you have to specifically ask for it to be returned. But in my opinion, that's pretty tacky to ask for it back. Not really in the spirit of "swapping" is it?
5. Compulsively check your mailbox for another card to come to you. Isn't getting mail the best?
My ATC for "Be Charmed", cause I'm hip to the lingo
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.