Good luck guessing which of these MCA Black Sheep Friday ideas are real
Sure, the Museum of Contemporary Art maintains an appropriately bizarre group of events on a regular basis. There is, after all, nothing quite like a good homing pigeon rental to go with your yarn sculpture. But MCA's Black Sheep Fridays, in its second season this fall, make the rest of the museum's week look like Pleasantville. Based on fragmented descriptions that read like epitaphs, the museum's next round of weekend events promise to be just as culturally and nonsensically diverse as the last.
In honor of the anniversary of one of the most baffling series on the scene, Show and Tell came up with a few Black Sheep ideas of our own. Take a guess at which of these are real and which we just wish were real. The answers -- one of which is scheduled for tonight -- continue after the jump.
1. Underground Cat Showcase Curated program of cat home videos. Open mic cat stories. Cat Photo contest. Human cat actor.
2. William Tell Arrow Experience Participatory apple-on-your-head Nerf arrow shooting range. Free apples.
3. Synchronized Kite Expression Auto-harp over a beginner kite lesson. Groups of two or four. Polaroid film provided.
4. Winter Naked Cider Bash Homemade warm concoctions based on a variety of fruits. Half-nude.
5. Communist Pigeon Party Farewell party for the brave communist pigeons who participated in Jon Rubin's "Thinking About Flying."
6. Human Chess Tournament Queens, kings and pawns based on your understanding of your role in life. Must wear solid black or white.
7. Interactive Grape Stomping Lucy-inspired grape stomping activity with "traditional" wardrobe. Wine special in the café.
8. Art Basel Miami Denver Screening of Miami's Golden Girls. Artwork inspired by Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia. Special on basil-infused vodka martinis.
9. Large-scale Red Rover Hands joined for an epic round of Red Rover. Not the world's largest, maybe. Also not the smallest.
10. Denver Alchemy Night Group lesson on turning aluminum into gold without the expense. Used soda cans provided.
Click to the next page to find out which ones are real.Next Page
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.