It's Christmas in August! Celebrate with ten items from Walmart's closed convention
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Colorado Convention Center, where Walmart is holding a closed-door Holiday Fair to prepare its employees for the big, big season ahead. The event has drawn close to 5,000 people to town to preview new merchandise in time (read: months early) for Christmas, and one of them supplied Westword with a sneak preview of what Santa might be delivering this year...if he shops at Walmart. Continue reading for photos of some of the fair's most notable goods.
10. Gladiator helmets
9. Big screens. Small screens. Really, all kinds of screens.
8. Enormous hunting blinds
7. Very small vehicles
6. Oh, Christmas trees
5. $1.25 mini bottles of Sutter Home
4. Scents and attractants
3. Rawhide canes as big as real ones
2. Camper Santa: exactly what it sounds like
But wait! There's a bonus. This is already waiting in the wings:
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.
More Arts News
- What Do You Love in This State? Enter DCI's "Crushing" on Colorado Contest
- Just in Time for Valentine's Day: A Sweet Deal on Tickets to Artopia 2016
- Bruce Dern to Be Honored at Twelfth Annual Boulder International Film Festival
- Steet Style: Ka'uilani Sterling Sports a Winning Look in a Sea of Orange and Blue