New Year's Eve 2011 Denver: ten best upscale events
We've listed the best cheap events -- and the best free events -- in the area on New Year's Eve, but if you've got money to burn or want to impress someone really special (it is your last chance to do that in 2011, after all), we've got you covered.
Here are our picks for the best upscale events on New Year's Eve:
10. Belly Up Aspen: Jane's Addiction The $575 reserved-seating tickets to see these rock legends are all sold out -- but the remaining seats are $265, which is nothing to sneeze at, especially if you're bringing a date. And book a room somewhere nice; you don't want to face that drive back down the mountain when the show is over! Call 970-544-9800 or visit www.bellyupaspen.com.
9. TAG: New Year's Eve Dinner TAG is throwing together a four-course, prix-fixe meal with several options (ostrich loin, anyone?) that's guaranteed to get your tastebuds dancing; without drink pairings, it'll run you $68. But why not splurge and add alcohol, for a total of $98 (per person). You won't regret it. Call 303-996-9985 or visit www.tag-restaurant.com.
Be Brave! a Night of Songs Honoring Brenda Worley Billings
TicketsTue., May. 10, 7:00pm
8. EDGE Restaurant & Bar There are two seatings for this New Year's Eve dinner; the 5 p.m. seating is $65, but the later seating at 8 p.m. costs a cool $120 and includes four courses (with at least two choices for each course). Ante up for a bottle of champagne and a room at the Four Seasons that night, and there's no way your date won't be impressed! Call 303-389-3343 or visit www.edgerestaurantdenver.com.
7. Trapper's Chop House: New Year's Eve Dinner At $99 per person, this dinner is definitely on the pricey side, but it includes bottomless champagne, live music, an eight-course dinner, chocolate fountain and dessert table -- and for an additional $89, you can reserve a room in Parker for the night. We'll raise a glass to that! Call 303-248-2132 or visit www.trapperschophouse.com.
5. Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center The Fine Arts Center will be transformed into a traveling cruise ship featuring cities known for nightlife (think New York and Vienna, for example). There are cheaper options, but $119 per person will net you a dinner buffet, live performances, dancing, karaoke, a midnight champagne toast and more. Call 719-634-5581 or visit www.csfineartscenter.org.
5. Restaurant Kevin Taylor: New Year's Eve Dinner Be among the first to sample Restaurant Kevin Taylor's four-course winter tasting menu on New Year's Eve for $125 per person -- and why not go ahead and splurge on a hotel package at Hotel Teatro, too? That'll get you a bottle of champagne in your room, the dinner for two and more. Call 303-820-2600 or visit www.restaurantkevintaylor.com.
4. Millennium Harvest House Hotel: Funkiphino There are a few options for overnight guests at the Millennium Harvest House Hotel in Boulder, but you'll want Option #2, which includes overnight accommodations for two ($300 to $320; go for the king-sized bed and make it worth your while), two tickets to the concert (which also features A Music Plus and Spencer Maple), two dinner buffet tickets, three-and-a-half hours of open bar for two, and breakfast for two. Call 303-443-3850 or visit www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumboulder/index.html.
3. Denver's Grandest New Year's Eve Party The Grand Hyatt blows it out every New Year's Eve, and this year is no exception. The party includes three ballrooms with the Nacho Men, a dance party and dueling pianos, plus a premium open bar, buffet dinner, midnight champagne toast, party hats, favors and a balloon drops; tickets to just the event cost $129 per person. But you can always pay extra for a room. Visit www.granddenver.hyatt.com/nye.
2. White Rose Gala & Champagne Hotel Sure, you can get into one of these parties for $59, which isn't all that expensive. But consider the ballrooms, the music, the people-watching, the lavish decor, the live entertainment and everything else you'll get when you splurge on the $149 Ultra VIP tickets, which include VIP access to both parties (including private VIP ballrooms and a limo to shuttle you between locations). And if you really want to go all-out, book a $500 cabana -- which does not include the VIP tickets. The White Rose Gala is at the Hyatt Regency Tech Center; the Champagne Hotel is at the Hotel Denver Tech Center. For more information, visit www.newyearseveblockparty.com/details.html.
1. Oxford Hotel Would you like a personal butler for the evening? How about an in-room couples massage? A five-course gourmet meal? Breakfast in bed? The New Year's Eve getaway at the Oxford Hotel gets you all that and more for a whopping $3,000. But we promise you this: Your date, whoever the lucky person is, will be very, very impressed. Call 303-628-5400 or visit www.theoxfordhotel.com.
More New Year's Eve lists
- New Year's Eve: Mountain celebrations - New Year's Eve: family-friendly events - New Year's Eve: comedy events - New Year's Eve: nightlife events - New Year's Eve: food and drink events - New Year's Eve: free events - New Year's Eve: cheap events
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.