Seven tastiest feast scenes in movies, in honor of Thanksgiving
Eating, more or less, is the hallmark of the holidays (not to mention a cornerstone of the e-card industry) -- Thanksgiving, in particular. So, whether your family-time is a drunken-uncle disaster, a Leave it to Beaver affair or something in between, at least you have some turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes to look forward to. Here, in honor of the day, are our picks for the most delicious feasts caught on film:
7. Eat Drink Man Woman : In Ang Lee's film about an aging chef trying to keep his family together, he slaves over a delicious Taiwanese meal every Sunday. Although his three daughters might not always appreciate it, it's a feast for the eyes.
6. Age of Innocence : Adultery and intrigue are dishes best served at over-the-top dinner parties, and there are plenty of those in this Martin Scorsese-directed, Michelle Pfeiffer, Daniel Day-Lewis costume drama based on an Edith Wharton novel.
5. Nutty Professor : Fried chicken, collard greens, biscuits and mashed potatoes. The conversation about weight loss might make the meal a little less appetizing (there's a not-so-subtle stick of butter on the table), but the food reminds you why baby portions are for wimps.
4. Tortilla Soup : In this Americanized version of Eat Drink Man Woman , it's the same Sunday dinner schtick, but now with Mexican-American food.
3. Beauty and the Beast : Multitudes of cakes, pies and ice cream, and those are just the desserts. The animated food looks tasty, but the dancing and singing silverware certainly adds something extra.
2. My Best Friend's Wedding : While the singing might be a deal breaker, the food in this scene makes it a wedding you actually want to be at.
1. Big Night : A single dinner has to save the Italian restaurant two brothers own, and this feast certainly doesn't disappoint with a table piled high with traditional dishes -- even if the entertainment never shows.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.