Ten best fashion events in Denver in July
Summer is finally here, and the winter clothes are safely tucked away. It's time to celebrate Denver's hottest season at a series of cool events, everything from Neiman Marcus's Last Call sale to fashion workshops offered by Fashion Denver. Here are our ten favorite fashion-forward activities in Denver this month. See also: Kitty Newlin is a festival fairy at the Westword Music Showcase
1) Last Call Heart of Neiman Marcus Charity Event 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, July 9 Neiman Marcus 3030 East First Avenue
Who doesn't like a sale, especially if it is the Neiman Marcus Last Call? You can gain early entrance to the famous Last Call sale, and benefit Children's Hospital Colorado's Create Arts Therapy Program at the same time: All sales generated between 9 a.m. and noon will go to the arts program, and shoppers can earn an additional 10 percent off on up to three sale items. Tickets are a $25 donation and can be purchased at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Heaven on Earth Catalog Release Party 7 to 10 p.m., Friday, July 11 Climax Lounge 2217 Welton Street
Up-and-coming Anthony Rose designer Travon Williams will be hosting his catalogue launch party at the Climax Lounge. Meet the designer, pick up a catalogue and stay for the party. General admission is $6 at the door; to RSVP, contact Anthonyrose_bookings@yahoo.com.
3) Summer Poolside Fashion Series 6 to 10 p.m., Sunday, July 13 and Thursday, July 24 The Breakers Resort 9099 East Mississippi Avenue
The fourth Thursday is guaranteed to be the hottest day of the month as 303 Denver Fashion Weekend continues to host its Summer Poolside Fashion Series. And the series, which features a poolside fashion show with live music and specialty cocktails, has gotten so hot that it's added an event on July 13, too. Tickets are $20 to $50 and a portion of the proceeds goes to local charities; purchase tickets at Eventbrite.com.
4) Cherry Creek North Sidewalk Sale Thursday, July 17 - Sunday, July 22 Cherry Creek North
The 44th annual Cherry Creek North Sidewalk Sale with over 80 Cherry Creek North businesses take to the sidewalks with deep discounts on clothing, jewelry, accessories, art, home furnishings, and more. This year's Sidewalk Sale is coordinated in partnership with Dress for Success Denver so make sure you hop the sidewalk Sale to learn more about how you can help Dress for Success.
5) Summer Splash Fashion Market 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, July 20 Rooster & Moon 955 Bannock Street Join Fashion Denver and over twenty local designers in Rooster & Moon's parking lot for this market. Designers will showcase their favorite pieces, many of which will be featured in a fashion parade at 12:45 p.m. In addition to great fashion deals, there will be fun summer games -- and don't forget the great Rooster & Moon menu and drink selections. This event is free and open to the public. Keep reading for five more fashion events.
6) Fashion Denver Workshops Do What You Love, Love What You Do 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 23 The Apparel RECIPE 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Thursday, July 24 1070 Bannock Street
Join Fashion Denver founder Brandi Shigley on Wednesday, July 23, as she teaches aspiring entrepreneurs how to take their creativity and turn it into a business; tickets for the workshop are $65. On Thursday, July 24, Shigley will give insight on how to take a product from design to delivery. Tickets are $45 and all proceeds from the class will go to the Denver Design Incubator. Sign up for both workshops and receive $10 off. To register and purchase tickets, go to FashionDenver.com.
7) 5th Annual BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag) 6 - 9 p.m. VIP Party, Friday, July 25 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 26 The Shops at 9th Avenue and Djuna 899 Broadway
A don't miss boutique sale full of unique finds. Join the other VIPs on Friday, July 25, to get early access to the sales; tickets are $20 at the door. The sales continue on Saturday, July 26, when entrance is free and open to the public. All proceeds will go to Dress for Success Denver.
8) Herve Lerger Trunk Show 10 a.m., Monday, July 28 Neiman Marcus- Cherry Creek Designer Sportswear, Level Two 3030 East First Avenue
Shop the designs of Herve Leger Sportswear starting at 10 a.m. Known for the infamous bandage dress, Leger's sportswear line won't disappoint, with great geometric patterned dresses, shorts and pops of color.
9) Colorado Fashion Week's Fundraiser Preview Event 5 p.m., Thursday, July 31 McNichols Building 144 West Colfax Avenue
Support local designers, models and artists and help raise money for Colorado Fashion Week. This preview includes a fashion show, and local designers will be selling a few select pieces. Tickets are $32 to $80; purchase them at Eventbrite.com.
10) Stephanie O Fall 2014 Collection Pre-Orders Stephanie O Designs.com
Denver designer and Project Runway Under the Gunn contestant Stephanie Ohnmacht has designed a 2014 fall collection that will sell out fast. The collection has great mix-and-match pieces that deliver a very chic, youthful, sophisticated style; the sexy shirtdress is a must have for fall. Fall 2014 is available for preview, and pre-orders are being taken now for October delivery at StephanieO Designs.com.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.