Ten best Steve Jobs tributes (1955 - 2011)
10. Bloomberg Businessweek On Friday, Bloomberg Businessweek revealed its tribute to Steve Jobs. With a photo essay, an incredibly thorough biography and first-person input from Eric Schmidt, John Sculley and Steve Jurvetson, it's impressive in scope and quality.
But it's just one of many innovative tributes inspired by the death of Steve Jobs, who changed so much about the way we live. Here are the rest of the best:
9. Someecards The ecard site is offering free ecards memorializing Steve Jobs with a lot of sass. There's the one above and other gems like "Sorry no one cares that the creator of your electronic device is still alive" and "Let's mourn the passing of a man who could never be replaced by a better model."
8. Stephen Colbert Stephen Colbert's tribute to all the Apple shit he owns is a consumerist, greedy and narcissistic façade wrapped around a warm, fuzzy core of "I think you and your work are really swell." A couple of laughs, then tears: Thanks for the emotional rollercoaster.
7. Portrait of Steve Jobs made from a MacBook This image was made out of a disassembled MacBook Pro by Mint Digital's research team, Foundry. "I always thought Mac's were a bit overpriced for what they were. Not anymore," pronounces the project's blog.
6. Candle app vigils People around the globe took to their nearest Apple stores to show their appreciation of jobs. In Tokyo and Hong Kong, fans turned on their iPhones, iPods and iPads, and used a candle app to create this high-tech memorial. And others left apples, both the edible and inedible kind.
From "Fly" music video
5. Remix of Nicki Minaj and Rihanna's "Fly" San Francisco's 997 NOW has been playing this remix of Nicki Minaj's "Fly" with a chorus from Rihanna (think they were on Jobs's iPod?) with Steve Jobs's voice woven in. Listen to it at their website. It's odd but definitely creative.
4. The perfect laptop wallpaper This image, created by a nineteen-year-old design student at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is the kind of tribute Steve Jobs would have designed: simple, understated, clever, evocative. It's made its creator, Jonathan Mak, an Internet sensation who's getting pummeled with y Twitter messages and even job offers.
3. XKCD Nerd-arific webcomic XKCD created this comic titled "Eternal Flame" with the text "There's always the hope that if you sit and watch for long enough, the beachball will vanish and the thing it interrupted will return."
2. St. Croix mock turtlenecks Mac products are all sleek design paired with excellent functionality, and yes, they're on the pricier side. That description also perfectly captures Steve Job's uniform of choice, the $175 St. Croix mock turtleneck. The Cherry Creek store of the Minnesota-based company said at 3:30 p.m. Friday that it still had a few left, but had also "gotten about a million orders for them." A Steve Jobs tribute dominated the St. Croix homepage, which also promised a $20 donation to the American Cancer Society for each black Style 1990 purchased online and in stores through October 16.
1. "We all are Steve" 'nuff said.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.