Ten ways to celebrate Earth Day '90s-style
It seems to some of us Gen Xers that celebratingEarth Day
-- and any other holiday -- just ain't the same as it used to be back in our decade of Smashing Pumpkins, store-bought tie-dye sundresses and lesbian chic. But if we learned anything from surviving the '90s, it's that trends are fluid -- we also learned that John Cusack and patchouli are both awesome, but in totally different ways -- and we are free to bring them back whenever the mood or the bong rip hits.
In honor of Earth Day, here are ten ways to celebrate Earth Day '90s-style. And remember: "Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You fuckin' up the rotation!"
10. Ask someone what the hell Earth Day is all about...and smoke some bud so that you space out and forget about it approximately fourteen minutes later.
9. Steal a baby tree from the K-Mart parking lot and plant it your yard....then roll a joint. K-Mart was doing aright back in the day -- but you might have to do a route to find an open one now.
8. Find a rally and go to it, and ask a random stranger what the hell Earth Day is about. Then smoke him/her out for being cool.
7. Recycle beer cans and empty Wavy Lay's bags...until that shit gets boring after a week or so and you ADHD-off to something else -- probably smoking a bowl.
6. Buy a Prius. Until the car dealer runs your credit, then drive home in your 1995 Dodge Neon, and pack a Black & Mild.Next Page
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.