The Five Best Womenswear Boutiques in Denver
For women, the shopping options in Denver can seem overwhelming -- but that's a good thing. Who doesn't like to look in their closet and see choices? From Cherry Creek to LoHi to RiNo to South Broadway, this city is one walk-in closet filled with big stores and charming little shops. We've looked at them all, and rounded up our five favorite places for women to shop for fashion -- and simultaneously stimulate the local economy.
See also: Five Best Menswear Boutiques in Denver
5) Mega Fauna 3102 Blake Street Mega Fauna is more than a boutique for menswear, womenswear and accessories. It also provides unique services like sticker-printing and screen-printing, placing artistic control in the customer's hands. The store's goal of promoting local designers and create a rich community of creatives is admirable. Stop in Mega Fauna and you may find some rare vintage items, too.
4) True Love 42 Broadway A vibrant shop on the Miracle Mile of Broadway, True Love delivers the most current trends rather than brand names, and at an affordable price. While True Love does not carry a large amount of womenswear, it specializes in accessories for ladies -- and what accessories! Shoes are the focus here: flats, boots and high heels. The store also has a wide selection of jewelry, handbags, hosiery, sunglasses, hats, scarves and other unique must-have items.
3) Stritch 3326 Tejon Street Megan Timlin opened Stritch in LoHi in November, and it's a great addition to Denver's blooming fashion scene with a curated collection of womenswear and accessories. Stritch on the Run is the mobile fashion-truck version of the boutique, which makes cameo appearances at events around town. Featuring local designers like Salwa Owens, Stritch is already making its mark on Denver. Keep reading for two more of the best boutiques in Denver.
2) Goldyn 2040 West 30th Avenue Goldyn's chic, monochromatic storefront is a fine mix of iconic brands and young, emerging designers. Although it focuses on womenswear, it does carry select menswear collections. Owner Vanessa Barcus keeps the store stocked with fashionable trends, as well as timeless pieces. Barcus also supports the arts scene by having bands and DJs play at in-store events at Goldyn; she also features works by local artists, both on the racks and on the walls.
1) Mona Lucero Design Denver-based fashion designer and businesswoman Mona Lucero has a passion for both fine art and ready-to-wear-fashion, and her designs are a reflection of that. Although she only stocks a small number of items in her design space, the items are well-executed, sculptured and textured pieces that will give a confidence boost to any woman.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.