Out with the old and in with the new -- clothes, at least. The new year signals new fashion, and we've rounded up the seven best fashion events of the first month of 2015, evertyhing from pop-up trunk shows to fashion-industry meet-ups.
7) Akomplice X Ride Snowboards Collection Available online now Colorado-based clothing brand Akomplice recently released a capsule collection in collaboration with Ride Snowboards. This is a big deal for the designers, since they grew up in the mountains snowboarding and Ride is one of the largest snowboard companies in the world. Shop the new collection online here.
6) Galia Lahav Trunk Show January 2-4 Little White Dress Bridal Shop 3420 West 32nd Avenue Israeli wedding dress designer Galia Lahav has created a social-media frenzy and has more than a million followers on Instagram. Lahav's designs focus on delicate embroidery, dramatic trains, fine beaded fabrics and plunging backs. This is an exclusive opportunity to experience the new collection of Lahav gowns, available for the first time in Colorado; register for the event here. This kicks off a month of trunk shows and other in-store events at Little White Dress; check its calendar here for more information.
5) Oscar de la Renta Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus Denver 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. January 7-8 Couture Salon, Level Two Cherry Creek Shopping Center Stop by the Cherry Creek Shopping center to see the Oscar de la Renta Spring 2015 Collection, which encapsulates femininity, vibrant color and the lust for life that the late, great designer is known for.
4) Designer Discussions at Denver Design Incubator 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, January 14 2040 Clay Street Designers, bloggers, boutique owners, photographers, graphic designers, creators and entrepreneurs are all invited to come together to network and connect at this event created by StartUp FASHION. Attendees will learn how to plan, set goals and grow in the new year. This meeting is an opportunity for sharing resources, offering ideas and feedback, discussing experiences, building relationships and sipping wine. Get your ticket for $10 here. Keep reading for three more of the best fashion events in January.
3) Liberty Boot Trunk Show 7 p.m. Saturday, January 17 Cry Baby Ranch 1421 Larimer Street Cry Baby Ranch, a Western boutique in Larimer Square, is hosting its annual trunk show with Liberty Boots, Peyote Bird Jewelry and Cowgirl Justice. Tony Benattar of Liberty Boots will be on hand to answer questions and help customers build their own one-of-a-kind boots. Cowgirl Justice, an apparel line with soft fabrics and cool colors, will have special tees made especially for the National Western Stock Show available; there will also be a large selection of Peyote Bird's Southwest jewelry straight from Santa Fe. For more information, visit Cry Baby Ranch's website.
2) Raw Artist Fashion Show with Bobbie J Designs 7 to 11:30 p.m. Thursday, January 22 City Hall 1144 Broadway RAW Denver is throwing its first show of the new year, Visionary, at City Hall, with over forty participating artists and groups presenting live music, dance performances, an accessory market, an art gallery, and the grand finale: a fashion show. Along with Bobbie J. Designs, other designers showing work include Elizabeth Starr, Andrea Li, Righteous Minds Collective, Francis Roces and others. The event is 18 and up; cocktail attire is encouraged. Purchase tickets, $15, here, they'll be $20 at the door.
1) Ralph Lauren Collection Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus Denver 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. January 23-24 Designer Sportswear, Level Two Cherry Creek Shopping Center See the high-end, all-American designer in a new light. While this Ralph Lauren collection retains the casual chic and athletic spirit the brand is know for, it also offers a refreshing take on evening-wear.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!