The Ten Best Fashion Events in Denver in October
Autumn is officially upon us -- and so is a cornucopia of events celebrating fall fashion this month. Colorado Fashion Week begins today, with a full wardrobe of events; the Colorado Photographic Arts Center will take over the McNichols Building tomorrow, and that's just the start of the stylish fun. Keep reading for our ten best fashion events for October.
10) Colorado Fashion Week Wednesday, October 1 through Tuesday, October 7 Various locations
With a vision of building Colorado's international fashion industry, Governor John Hickenlooper has declared October 1 through October 7 Colorado Fashion Week (CFW) -- and there will be many events running through the week. On Friday, October 3, CFW will present the Artistry Hair and Makeup Show at the CSU - Denver Center Event Atrium. On Saturday, October 4, CFW will present the collections of emerging designers at the Four Seasons in downtown Denver. And wrapping up CFW on Tuesday, October 7, will be a final fashion show, Chastity Couture, at Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret. Admission to events ranges from $22 to $103 for the complete I Love CFW package. To see a schedule and purchase tickets, go to Eventbrite.com.
9) CPAC Gala Fashion Show 7:30-10 p.m.Thursday, October 2 McNichols Building 144 West Colfax Avenue
Colorado Photographic Arts Center will host an evening of entertainment featuring a fashion show by El Salon, Goldyn and Jose Duran, with a media extravaganza by Mario Zoots and Jeromie Dorrance. There will also be an Anthony Camera photo booth, live music by Haldon Wofford and Oscar del Barrio, and a private exhibition tour with fashion/culture exhibition curator and host Natascha Seideneck -- and food and cocktails, of course. Tickets range from $25 to $125; to purchase yours go to CPACPhoto.org.
8) CPAC Fashion/Culture Showcase 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday through December 21 McNichols Building When the CPAC party ends on October 2, the organization will be leaving quite a party favor at the McNichols Building: The CPAC Fashion/Culture Showcase will feature contemporary, Colorado-based artists who use photography to explore the intersection between art, fashion, beauty and culture. The freeshow will be open weekends and by appointment; call 720-865-4303 or e-mail Peter.Dearth@denvergov.org. Keep reading for seven more of the best fashion events in Denver this month.
7) Neiman Marcus Christian Louboutin Trunk Show 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, October 2 Neiman Marcus - Cherry Creek 3030 East First Avenue
Who doesn't covet the infamous red-soul and sky-high stilettos? The Christian Louboutin trunk show at Neiman Marcus is the perfect opportunity to see -- and snag - the new fall trends.
6) Running Stitch Industries Grand Opening/Open House 1-6 p.m. Saturday, October 4 1000 East 73rd Avenue, #13
Check out Denver's newest production facility for independent designers and small apparel companies at the grand opening of Running Stitch Industries. The company offers both product development and small-run production services.
5) October Red Drinks 5:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, October 7 Adrift 218 South Broadway
Held the first Tuesday of each month, Red Drinks is a networking event designed to encourage growth, creativity and professionalism in the fashion/design community.
4) Neiman Marcus - Jan Barboglio 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday, October 11 Neiman Marcus - Cherry Creek
Jan Barboglio will be at Neiman Marcus-Cherry Creek from 12:30 to 5 p.m. to discuss her hand-finished, multi-media home furnishings inspired by the romance of Old Mexico. Keep reading for three more of the best fashion events in Denver this month.
3) Neiman Marcus - Eileen Fisher Presentation 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, October 18 Sport Shop, Level Two Neiman Marcus -- Cherry Creek
Join the legion of Eileen Fisher fans for a casual, fun fashion presentation of the fall line. There will be cocktails, light bites and all things Eileen Fisher for you to purchase. at two presentations; no reservations required.
2) Couture for Confidence 6-9:30 p.m. Saturday, October 18 Fashion Design Center of Denver 3301 Lawrence Street, Suite 3
Hosted by Fashion Design Center Denver, this great event will feature couture re-designs of Bella Boutique prom gowns -- with the help of some of Denver's best fashion designers. Bella Boutique is a non-profit dedicated to providing free prom gowns and accessories for low-income teens; all proceeds from the night will benefit the organization. Tickets are $35; purchase them at Eventbrite.com
1) Fall Fashion Market 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, October 26 Space Gallery 400 Santa Fe Drive
3301 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80205
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.