The Ten Best Resale, Vintage and Thrift Stores in Denver
Goodwill's upscale sister store, Déjà Blue, in Cherry Creek.
There are plenty of thrift shops and resale boutiques in the Mile High City and sometimes it can be hard to navigate them all. From upscale consignment to vintage apparel and up-to-the-minute styles, there are boutiques and bargain storefronts crammed full of clothes. To help navigate our fashion-forward recycled clothing shopping scene, we've compiled a list of some of the best and most diverse stores to find gently worn women's apparel -- and some spots for men's and children's attire, too.
10. Déjà Blue 303 University Boulevard Just like its other stores, the proceeds from Goodwill's Déjà Blue go to a good cause. But this boutique is quite different from its retail counterparts, stocked with high-end brands and the current season's styles. Men and women can find a nice selection of designer goods and fresh apparel in this clean and curated shop, which offers great clothes and accessories at unbeatable prices.
9. Repeat Boutique 2725 South Colorado Boulevard A classic consignment shop, Repeat Boutique is filled to the brim with fancy clothes and accessories. From luxurious furs to Christian Louboutin footwear, this Mile High resale staple has been tapping into a shopper's inner socialite for more than thirty years.
8. Plato's Closet 1485 South Colorado Boulevard With an emphasis on young women's styles, Plato's Closet offers a wide array of clothing and accessories at a budget-friendly price. Find everyday outfits, dressier pieces and workout attire from Target and Forever 21 or spend a little more cash on a great selection of designer handbags. Plato's Closet also trades on-trend styles for cash or store credit.
7. Clotheshorse 4232 Tennyson Street
Casual and dressy styles both find a home at North Denver's Clotheshorse, which describes its inventory as "from Gap to Gucci." Definitely catering to the mature shopper, patrons can find business suits, premium jewelry and fine handbags at this consignment spot that is known for rotating its racks with new-to-you styles.
6. Mercer Place 1388 South Broadway
If there is one thing Mercer Place understands, it is that less is more. This clean and airy resale store has been an area success for more than twenty years, keeping its showroom neatly stocked with a wide selection of women's apparel and a growing children's and men's section. In addition to being a retail outlet, Mercer Place offers personal shopping and styling services. The shop also buys items for its inventory outright and by appointment only -- and if you've got a large collection of beautiful apparel you're interested in selling, the store makes house calls.
5. Rags 2027 West 32nd Avenue With a focus on this season's hippest styles, Rags is known for its revolving stock of casual and higher end apparel. Find a mint condition Chanel bag or a summer dress at a nice price inside this fresh consignment shop. Also, in addition to its thriving Boulder and Highland locations, Rags will be opening a third store in Cherry Creek this fall.
4. Plum Consignment 2373 Central Park Boulevard #106 This retail resale shop is one of the brightest and best, with a quality selection of "Banana Republic or better" styles for women and children. The store only stocks current season wear, with an emphasis on apparel that is two years old or newer, so shoppers can be assured that is always getting the newest-to-you pieces. Plum Consignment's intake process is discerning, so make sure to book an appointment and read its consignment guidelines ahead of time.
3. Regal Vintage 1866 South Broadway For fashionistas with an imagination, Regal Vintage is a one-stop shop. More everyday wearable apparel like vintage band t-shirts mix with the shop's vast inventory of sequined, feathered and sparkly garb. Whether you're looking for a Halloween costume or a casual freaky Friday ensemble, Regal Vintage has it all.
2. Buffalo Exchange 51 Broadway Like a well-curated art show, Buffalo Exchange is an exhibition in beautiful apparel. Though it is a chain, Denver's Broadway location (and the Capitol Hill Annex location) have a definite style all their own, with a vibrant mix of men's and women's clothes, ranging from designer to vintage. Focusing on in-season and in-demand styles, Buffalo Exchange is known for its current, one-of-a-kind finds and nicely priced merchandise.
1. ARC Thrift Store 1405 Cortez Street (and various locations) Nothing beats a good dig through the the racks and racks of clothing at ARC Thrift Stores -- but the winner of Westword's 2014 Best Thrift Store gets special attention for its secretly superior selection. While most second hand, donation-based outlets have a picked-over feel, this thrift shop offers the cream of the low-priced crop when it comes to men's, women's and children's wear. Pack a lunch and take a trip away from the high traffic fashion stores in the city and head to the ARC location that won't be secret for long.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.