1. Ladies first! Winter Park is hosting the Burton Women's Ride Camp and the Gravity Goddess Progressive Ski Clinic this weekend. Gentlemen: If you still don't have the Valentine's powder day date of your dreams sorted out, this is the après-ski scene you're looking for. And, if it's love at first shred, there's a 2-for-1 lift ticket waiting for you at Loveland's 20th annual Mountain Matrimony on Monday.
2. Love 'em or Leave 'em! "Embrace the holiday or run from Cupid, either way it's a great workout!" touts the website for Parker's Valentine's Day 5K on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. (Salisbury Park, 11920 Motsenbocker Road). The race is a sanctioned qualifier for the Bolder Boulder, and registration ($25 in advance, $30 on race day) includes a post-race pancake breakfast. There's also a free 5K Kid's Dash and an Adapted Course 5K Run/Walk/Roll (registration is $15 in advance, $20 on race day), part of Parker's Therapeutic Recreation program.
3. Have a threesome! Get your three-person team and costume theme together to get wacky in the terrain park when Echo Mountain's annual Team Challenge competition starts at 9 a.m. on Saturday. In other contest news, the Aspen/Snowmass Open is this weekend at Buttermilk, the perfect opportunity to pretend you're Shaun White and shred the Winter X Games superipe and slopestyle courses at Buttermilk in your tight pants.
4. Cheap dates for cheapskaters! BC Surf & Sport presents the (free) premiere of The Bones Video at Summit Music Hall on Saturday at 7 p.m. (1902 Blake Street). Grab free food and drinks courtesy of Wahoo's Fish Tacos and Monster Energy before the show at 5 p.m. while Bones team skateboarders Adam Dyet and Matt Mumford sign autographs in BC's Park Meadows store (8678 Park Meadows Center Drive, Lone Tree).
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5. "Schuss-Boom-Ouch!" Kick it old school on Sunday at 4 p.m. when the Crested Butte Center for the Arts in Gunnison screens Disney's screwball 1972 ski comedy Snowball Express, starring Dean Jones, Nancy Olson and Harry Morgan as part of its Romance in the Rockies series. The flick was filmed at Crested Butte back in the day, and oh, how things have changed.
Bonus: Extreme sportswatching! For all you extreme armchair action sports fans out there, NBC's live coverage of the final stop of the Winter Dew Tour at Snowbasin in Ogden, Utah begins at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday. Watch for 15 year-old freeskier Torin Yater-Wallace from Basalt, CO, in the Men's Ski Superpipe competition as he follows up on his silver medal at Winter X Games.