Next week we have the Denver Big Air competitions, the entire snowsports industry in town for the SIA Snow Show and Winter X Games 15 at Buttermilk. But first, this weekend. Here's this week's frozen five:
1. Breck yo' ass! There's not really anything specific going on at Breckenridge this weekend, but it's still the place to be after getting hammered with snow all week: 47 inches in the last seven days and still coming down as of this writing. Strap a snorkel to your helmet, just in case.
2. Shred the canvas! Your raggedy old skis and boards served you well in their heyday. Now they can continue to rip from the hereafter: The Art of Winter exhibit in Larimer Square is an outdoor installation of original artwork by local artists using recycled skis and snowboards as canvasses. The exhibit, open now through February 13, is presented in conjunction with the Snowsports Industries America (SIA) Snow Show next week at the Colorado Convention Center.
3. Free your heel! Powderhorn hosts its 6th annual TeleFest on Saturday, with an 8:30 a.m. uphill/downhill race as the main event, clinics and gear demos running all day and a costume contest, followed by the Snowbar 2011 après-ski bash. Don't feel like getting up the mountain the hard way? Lift tickets are just $35 if you show up with telemark skis on.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Wear your warmest spandex shorts! Without Limits Productions presents Cyclo X Refrigerated -- its first mid-winter CycloCross race in the Colorado Cross Cup series -- on Saturday at the Boulder Reservoir, with sign-in starting at 7 a.m.
5. Come out of hibernation! Closer to home, check out the Polar Bear Run 5K in Washington Park on Sunday at 10 a.m., part of the RunDenver series (adult race day registration is $35, and benefits the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation program).