Twelve Best Fashion Events in Denver in February 2015
Photo courtesy of Mondo Guerra
We may be in the heart of winter, but Denver's fashion scene will blossom in February. From trunk shows to pop-up shops, from boutique sales to fashion shows, here are the top twelve fashion events in the next month, in chronological order. See also: The Seven Best Fashion Events in Denver in January
Photo courtesy of Cherry Creek North
12) I Heart Fridays at Cherry Creek North Friday, February 6 I Heart Fridays is a month-long, Friday night series of festivities in Cherry Creek North. On this kickoff, everyone is encouraged to wear red to support heart-disease awareness. The celebration includes deals on eating and drinking, as well as art walks; some retailers will be offering shopping discounts as well. Cherry Creek North will be giving away gift cards, and there will be a store window Instagram contest, for which people can vote via the social media site for the best window display. All of this is designed to drum up exccitement for the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Go Red for Women Red Dress Collection fashion show on February 12.
Photo courtesy of Mondo Guerra
11) Mondo Guerra's Pop-Up Shop 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, February 7 Hotel Monaco 1717 Champa Street Mondo, our local fashion celebrity of Project Runway fame, will release his latest collection in a pop-up boutique inside the Hotel Monaco; he's also celebrating the relaunch of his website. Guests are invited to shop the fashion, eat appetizers, sip a custom "Mondotini" cocktail and dance to music from local DJs. There will be many giveaways, and the first hundred guests will receive a free gift bag with items from Hotel Monaco, SEE Eyewear, Crocs, Matthew Morris Salon and Skincare, Tootsies: Nail Shoppe, the Denver Fashion Truck and more. There will also be an after-party at Beauty Bar.
10) Bradyann Truck Show at Kismet 10 a.m to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, February 7 3640 West 32nd Avenue Stop by Kismet's Highland location to shop Bradyann's trunk show. You can even meet the accessory designer in person while looking at her baubles. "My inspiration stems from my extensive travels to colorful cultures around the world," says the designer. Champagne will also be provided at this free event.
Photo courtesy of Denver Style Magazine
9) Denver Style Magazine Presents Pre-Spring Service Sampler 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Sunday, February 8 Exdo Event Center 1399 35th Street Denver Style Magazine is hosting this event featuring some of Denver's best beauty, fashion and style brands, as well as designers and other businesses. Stop buy to find out more about that new spa, shop boutiques for the ideal spring look, or perfect a spring hair-do. The Street Boutique Fashion Truck will also be on hand. For tickets and more information, click here. Keep reading for eight more fashion events in February.
Photo courtesy of Armani Collezioni
8) Armani Collezioni Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, Wednesday, February 11 Armani Shop, Level Two Cherry Creek Shopping Center Head to Cherry Creek to experience the timeless elegance of Armani Collezioni and the new Spring/Summer 2015 collection.
Photo courtesy of Michael Kors
7) Michael Kors Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, Thursday, February 12 Designer Sportswear, Level Two Cherry Creek Shopping Center Be whisked away to the warmth of spring with Kors's latest collection, which hits a high note with poppy florals, feminine tulle and sweet gingham looks.
Photo courtesy of Garbarni
6) Nicole Miller Trunk Show Noon to 6 p.m. Thursday, February 12 Garbarini 239 Detroit Street Miller's new 2015 collection offers a bright, colorful cure for any woman's spring fever. After visiting Rio de Janeiro for the World Cup, Miller was inspired to create these playful pieces, including dresses, skirts and tops, with engaging prints, patterns and colors. "This is one of Nicole's most amazing collections," says store owner Terri Garbarini "We have been carrying her pieces for more than fifteen years, and I know our clients will be delighted with what she's showing for spring."
Photo courtesy of Goldyn
5) In Your Dreams V-Day Celebration at Goldyn Boutique 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, February 12 2040 West 30th Avenue Stop by Goldyn for a party celebrating love and connection. This event is hosted by Impromptu Company, a clothing brand that will help you get ready for Valentine's Day. A pop-up flower market by Plum Sage Flowers will be there, and you can play spin the bottle to win a prize or take pictures in a seven minutes in heaven photobooth. Smooth jams will be provided by DJ Black Amex's Patrick Collins. Keep reading for four more of the best fashion events in February.
Photo courtesy of SOM
Stand Up! the Workshop - Comedy Showcase
TicketsTue., Jan. 31, 7:00pm
TicketsThu., Feb. 2, 7:30pm
These Jokes Are for You (W/ Denver Comedy Champion Nathan Lund)
TicketsThu., Feb. 2, 8:00pm
Future Faces of Funny
TicketsWed., Feb. 8, 7:30pm
TicketsThu., Feb. 9, 7:30pm
4) Sense of Motion Footwear Sale Friday, February 13 1006 North Cascade Avenue, Montrose
SOM, or Sense of Motion Footwear, is a new shoe company based out of Montrose that began production of casual shoes last July. The shoes not only bring comfort and relief to those with special needs, but the shop itself will be educateiung people about the health benefits of wearing proper footwear. Montrose. Guests are invited to shop the outlet store in Montrose and take a virtual tour of the production factory.
Photo courtesy of Blush
3) Velvet Trunk Show at Blush Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, February 15 1411 Larimer Street #102 Blush, located on historic Larimer Square, is hosting Velvet's Summer 2015 trunk show starting on February 12, and ending with a party on February 15. The entire summer 2015 collection will be available to try on and pre-order. Find more information here.
Photo courtesy of Jimmy Choo
2) Jimmy Choo Trunk Show at Neiman Marcus 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. February 17-21 Ladies Shoes, Level One Cherry Creek Shopping Center Expect the unexpected from famous footwear designer Jimmy Choo. His spring/summer 2015 collection has a tribal-meets-urbanite theme with a clash of colors, materials and patterns.
1) Whiteout Fashion Show at Artopia 7-10 p.m. Saturday, February 21 City Hall 1144 Broadway Artopia now includes Westword's annual fashion show, Whiteout. This year's show has an Alice in Wonderland theme and features designers like Gino Velardi, D'Lola Couture, Matthew Brown, Megan Timlin and more. Purchase tickets here for this multi-media extravaganza.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Denver art and theater scene.