Where will you find your RiNo rhino during Create Denver Week?
Will you find one in a drain-pipe?
Create Denver Week, which began with a party last night, gets down to some heavy business with tonight's Urban Encounters and tomorrow's Create Denver Expo. But you never know -- they might be saving the best for last: On Sunday, the whole city is invited to the RiNo Art District for a Mother's Day open studio tour and iron pour extravaganza.
But RiNo and the folks from Plinth Gallery also have a little sidetrip designed expressly for the art collector in you: Late this evening, 100 bright-orange numbered ceramic rhinos will be placed hither and thither throughout the district for ordinary people to find and treasure forever.
Will you find one on a mailbox?
RiNo spokesman Tracy Weil shared this list of deets with us:
1. These are handmade
2. They are collectible and numbered.
3 Each year we do a studio tour, there will be a NEW RINO.
4. They will be hidden over the entire neighborhood late Friday night, ready to be "seeked, found or otherwise discovered" Saturday and Sunday. Boundaries could be Confluence Park to I-70, (North to South) I-25 to maybe York (East to West)
Check the RiNo website for a studio tour map, and happy hunting!
To keep up with the Froyd's-eye-view of arts and culture in Denver, "like" my fan page on Facebook.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.
More ARTS News
- Bob Topp and his Hermitage Bookshop Keep Turning Pages — and Heads — in Cherry Creek
- Art Shows on Display in the Denver Area Right Now
- 88 Drive-In Theatre Kicks Off Another Season With a New Digital Projection System
- InFauxmation's Brent Gill on Denver Comedy and Why So Many Weird Stories Come Out of...