Best Way to Report a Crime (2003)

Denver Police Department

Instead of requiring that minor criminal offenses be reported in person, the Denver Police Department now allows you to do it electronically, expanding on an earlier program that let residents report minor traffic accidents over the Web. To report a theft (not by force or burglary), car break-in (not auto theft), lost or stolen property, or vandalism of property or vehicle, simply fill out an online form and submit it to the DPD over the Internet. That gives officers more time to respond to true emergencies -- and it definitely removes a headache for the victim.

More People & Places Awards


All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >