DENVER, Wednesday, Aug. 16 — The Lupus Research Alliance, the world’s largest private funder of innovative lupus research, is partnering with Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried for the inaugural Slam Dunk Against Lupus (SDAL) event Saturday, Sept. 23, from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. MDT, at the University of Denver’s Magness Arena inside the Ritchie Center.
Faried, whose mother is afflicted with lupus, will host the event with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Lupus Research Alliance to help fund scientific discoveries to better treat, prevent and cure lupus. Lupus is a challenging autoimmune disease in which the immune system mistakenly attacks instead of protects the body’s own tissues and organs.
Ticket holders will join Faried, other professional athletes and celebrities for an afternoon filled with sports, entertainment, prizes, philanthropy, and fun, with 100% of proceeds going to Lupus research. Tickets are on sale now! Click here to purchase tickets.
Events will include:
• Kids slam dunk contest (ages 10-18; three different groupings) with NBA players serving as judges
• Performance by Denver Nuggets Elevation Dunk Squad & Drumline
• Half-court shooting contest for a grand prize
• Nuggets mascot Rocky and other interactive entertainment
• Drawings throughout the day for special prizes and unique, fun activities
• Three-point shooting contests with students, corporate sponsors, NBA players and other invited celebrities