A $10,000 Led Zeppelin shirt? The next ten highest-selling band T-shirts
Grab the Guinness Book of World Records, because we've got a ridiculous tale to tell. Earlier this week, a man in Australia purchased a Led Zeppelin T-shirt for $10,000, making it the largest sum anyone has paid for a vintage band shirt. That doesn't mean there aren't shirts that are valued higher -- there are -- but nobody has actually purchased one publicly through eBay. In light of this ridiculous news, we've decided to tally up the highest selling shirts we could find records for. How much would you be willing to pay?
10. $699 Venom Who the hell would have thought a Venom shirt would make this list? Somehow, it did. We'll give you bonus points if you can count all the different satanic symbols in less than five seconds.
9. $749 David Bowie - "Ziggy Stardust" We'd guess this one came from the '72/'73 tour, but we don't know for certain. It is a pretty weird-looking shirt, though, with Bowie decked out in a pink suit, sporting red hair and riding what looks like that gross ribbon candy your grandma keeps around.
8. $749 The Damned This one is a bit tough to make out, but as far as we can tell, it's a vampire and a werewolf with what may very well be a smiling moon in the background.
7. $750 The Runaways We have no fucking clue why this thing sold for what it did. Seriously. No clue.
6. $800 Bob Dylan "Rolling Thunder Revue" The Rolling Thunder Revue was a concert tour in 1975 and 1976 that included the likes of Joan Baez, Roger McGuinn, Bob Neuwirth, Kinky Friedman and more. The exact rarity of this shirt isn't known, but considering the time period, we'd venture a guess that few people held onto theirs.Next Page
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.