How to properly enjoy a Pretty Reckless concert
All photos by Brandon Marshall
The Pretty Reckless stopped by The Fillmore this weekend, and things got a little wild. For those who rarely go to hard rock shows, or have just forgotten the proper etiquette, a concert like this can pose a lot of questions: What should I wear? Will there be a mosh pit? How excited should I act? Well, fear not. Our photographer Brandon Marshall was there Friday night to capture the best examples of how to properly enjoy a concert by The Pretty Reckless and bands of their ilk. Read and learn. See Also: Ten rules to follow at underground dance music concerts
1. Properly Accessorize The best way to show all the fair-weathered fans at a show how devoted you are is through your clothes, or in the case, skull rings. Sure, these might draw blood when you hit someone in the mosh pit, but what's a good rock show if you don't leave with a stranger's blood splattered on you?
1.5: Seriously, accessorize. Maybe even stop by a piercing shop on your way and get that nose ringed you always wanted.
2. Get stoned on your way in Obviously.
3. Take a selfie: You know you're going to end up doing it anyway. Might as well do it outside. It'll make a better memento then that blurry iPhone video with just flashing stage lights and barely distinguishable sound you were going to take later.
4. Mosh away That's why you're there. Don't be the lame Joe in the corner standing with his arms crossed. Let the music take you over, jump into the crowd and shove the hell out of your favorite concert-goers. If you and another stranger end up on the ground together like these two, congratulations, you just bonded!
5. Crowd Surf You've always wanted to try it, and a The Pretty Reckless show is the perfect crowd to try it. Yes, it is technically not allowed, and you may get tackled and pulled down by a security guard, but you'll be able to say you surfed! On people!
6. Kneel before The Pretty Reckless Anyone can stand or dance at a concert. Want to prove you're the ultimate The Pretty Reckless fan? Kneel before their greatness. Also, kneel so long that people get confused and move away from you because then you have all the hard-to-come-by personal space for the rest of the show.
7. Rock so hard you have to be hoisted up and carried out by your friends That's how you know you did it right. • BACKBEAT'S GREATEST HITS • - The fifty best rap lyrics of all time - The ten biggest concert buzzkills - Five more concert buzzkills - From Phish to Floyd, the ten best light shows
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.