In case you missed it: Backbeat's ten most-read blogs of 2008
The Mile High Music fest drew a lot of interest from local music fans in '08. This blog churned out more than 1,400 posts in 2008, about life, death, plastic surgery, and even some music. Here, in case you just joined us or are really taking stock of your year, a quick-clicking guide to the ten most popular blogs of the year. Stay tuned in '09 for even more reviews, previews, insight, and inanity.
1. AEG's Mile High Music and Arts Festival It was all a dream ...
2. Amy Fisher, RIP A music-scene staple ducks out far too early.
3. Q&A with Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig So, Ezra, what kind of name is that?
4. Tickle Me Pink's bassist, Johnny Schou, found dead Before the show went on, fans stopped to reflect.
5. Q&A With Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta Hey, man, at least your name's not Ezra.
6. Rock of Love's Daisy and Her Long History with Poison A local gal makes good (?).
8. Q&A With Matt Tuck of Bullet For My Valentine AKA, the dude who shit-talked GNR. Or did he?
9. Last Night ... R.E.M., the National and Modest Mouse @ Red Rocks How else would you know Michael Stipe recommends licorice to help with laryngitis?
10. Mile High Music Fest Live Blog, Day Two It all comes full circle.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.