Inspired by Ben Weasel's female bashing SXSW fracas: The five worst onstage outbursts
Ben Weasel proved his douchebaggery last week by lashing out during a Screeching Weasel performance at SXSW, punching not one, but two women. The show-stopping fracas was caught on tape. The rest of the band was so embarrassed by the pathetic display that they reportedly quit the band, leaving Ben alone to cope with the shitstorm he now has to deal with.
In case you missed it, this:
Gearing up to play the most depressing show of my life in the most joyless, soulless, shameful excuse of a music event in modern history.
Believe it or not, this sort of thing happens way more frequent than you'd imagine in the music world. There's been a number of such incidents captured on film over the years. Click through for five of the worst such outbursts.
5. Converge We're not entirely certain what caused this big fight to break out, because, well, this is a Converge show, and to Converge fans, fighting is dancing. Something happens around the 2:40 mark that's a bit more than a just a little slam dancing, and the next you know, "POW!" the bass player is cracking his guitar over some guy's head.
4. Gucci Mane It's hard to say what Mac Bre-Z did here to incite Gucci Mane -- crowd him onstage, maybe, or bump the turntables, perhaps? Whatever it was, the rapper clearly over reacts. First he pushes her and if that weren't enough, he then proceeds to cold cock her in the face. Like a man.
3. Henry Rollins At the start, this kind of looks like Henry Rollins is just playing around with this dude. But then he cracks him upside the head. Repeatedly. With blows hard enough that it's be pretty clear he's not fucking around. The moral of the story? Don't fuck with Henry Rollins.
2. Brian Jonestown Massacre Sometimes you don't even need a fan to get into the middle of things for a fight to break out, as evidenced by this clip from Dig! , which proves that if the band is ridiculous and volatile enough, they'll just break out into a fight on their own.
1. Jay Reatard You know what's worse than a violent freak out? A mostly unprovoked, nearly meditated violent freak out. Reatard actually rips this dude's shirt completely off of him just to get a better grip so he can pound him. And then he goes off and throws a hissy fit and storms off stage.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.