In third-quarter, year-to-date figures compiled and reported by Pollstar, the industry trade that tracks various clubs and venues across the globe, Denver and Boulder made a very strong showing on Pollstar's list of Top 100 Clubs Venues, which is ranked order of ticket sales from January 1, 2011, through September 30, 2011. The Ogden Theatre led the pack, checking in at number six on the list with 112,643 tickets sold -- ahead of high-profile clubs like Stubb's Bar-B-Q in Austin and the Joint in Las Vegas.
The other five venues that made the cut include the Fillmore Auditorium at (#13 - 98,822), the Boulder Theater (#32 - 56,217), the Fox Theatre (#40 - 47,691), the Bluebird Theater (#47 - 42,874) and the Summit Music Hall (#82 - 22,778). Keeping in mind that not every club reports to Pollstar and that these figures don't include arenas or amphitheaters, these figures are both noteworthy and impressive. The breakdown of the top ten clubs thus far:
- Terminal 5 (New York, NY) 187,781
- 9:30 Club (Washington, DC) 166,955
- Ancienne Belgique (Brussels, Belgium) 163,213
- The Pageant (St. Louis, MO) 119,416
- First Avenue (Minneapolis, MN) 114,761
- Ogden Theatre (Denver, CO) 112,643
- Best Buy Theater (New York, NY) 106,903
- Rams Head Live! (Baltimore, MD) 104,538
- Stubb's Bar-B-Q (Austin, TX) 99,815
- The Joint (Las Vegas, NV) 97,287
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!