We were strolling through the Coachella grounds last weekend trying not to trip over passed out people when we encountered this fella. We weren't sure if it was the headdress, the dance moves, or the combination of both, but he coaxed us into sticking around and watching him. Just as we were starting to feel intrusive for "secretly" filming his entire routine, he winked and said, "You got that all on camera, right? Right on!" The full video of him doing his thing is below (trust us: it's worth it), along with a bunch more awkwards from Coachella.
By Nicole Pajer and Rebecca Haitchcoat
Page down for the ten most awkward dancers at Coachella this weekend.
10. Freak Yo Friend Shade was at a premium this weekend. If your friend offered to stand behind you, and the only price was that she got to freak your head, well, that was a bargain.
9. Shimmy Shimmy Ya Somehow she didn't even break a sweat. We got hot just watching her.
8. Heel, Ball, Change We were hoping this dude was about to break out into a full Savion Glover tap routine.
7. Dancers in the Dark Those who brought in foam bodysuits were super committed to the cause.
6. Parasol Dancing Now if she could moonwalk with that thing we'd really have something.
5. Flower Girl We think we saw this dance in an old black and white movie. Only, there were subtle differences in the costuming.
4. Bro-Down The dance says "Cotton-Eyed Joe," but the music was Manchester Orchestra, who should feel lucky to have fans who so completely lose their shit at their shows.
3. Yogi Breaker This guy couldn't decide whether to do yoga or the Robot. So he just mashed that shit up.
2. Churning Butter No need to hit the dairy aisle tonight!
1. Stomp the Yard We were minding our own business when out of nowhere, this kid became a one-man flash mob. And then he was gone, as quickly as he came.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music