Nick Cave and Warren Ellis nabbed the top spot at Wax Trax this week with their evocative score of John Hillcoat's film The Road, based the Cormac McCarthy novel of the same name.
Tracks from the soundtrack also appear on the two-CD White Lunar, a compilation of the duo's soundtrack work from films like The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford and Hillcoat's The Proposition.
Vampire Weekend's Contra, meanwhile, came in second, followed by Blockhead's The Music Scene, Boris' At Last - Feedbacker and Tom Waits' Glitter and Doom Live, which rounded out the top five for the week ending January 17. See the full breakdown after the jump.
Top Sellers 1.17.2009
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Road (soundtrack)
2. Vampire Weekend - Contra
3. Blockhead - The Music Scene
4. Boris - At Last: Feedbacker
5. Tom Waits - Glitter & Doom Live
6. Pictureplane - Dark Rift
7. Slayer - World Painted Blood
8. Various Artists - Rocky Mountain Low
9. Blakroc - Blakroc
10. Saviours - Accelerated Living