NPR previews a whopping fourteen hotly anticipated albums, including Of Montreal, the Walkmen and Chromeo
NPR has been quietly building a reputation as the best place to get a peek at hotly anticipated new albums a week or two before their official releases (welll, for those of us who prefer to avoid leak sites and torrent servers, anyway). Today, it got a lot louder, with a crazy fourteen album slate of previews.
Now, if your vision's a lot better than ours, and you're hip enough that you know what the covers of upcoming albums of all your favorite artists are, you don't need to read any further. Just click on over to the dedicated preview page for this particular batch of discs and start listening. The rest of you, not sure if it's worth a click, may be convinced by the list we've posted after the jump.
- Of Montreal - False Priest
- The Walkmen - Lisbon
- Chromeo - Business Casual
- Robert Plant - Band of Joy
- Mavis Staples - You Are Not Alone
- Blonde Redhead - Penny Sparkle
- Steve Reich - Double Sextet 2x5
- Bilal - Airtight's Revenge
- Black Milk - Album of the Year
- Superchunk - Majesty's Shredding
- Bostich and Fussible - Bulevar 2000
- Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues
- Junip - Fields
- The Bad Plus - Never Stop
If you can't find something to be excited about on that list, then you don't like music much. All of these albums are set for release next Tuesday, and they'll only be on the preview page until then, so don't dawdle. Wait longer than that, and you'll have to pay to hear them like everybody else (well, except those torrent jockeys).
NPR Fourteen-album preview Super Tuesday page
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.