Placing odds on Danger Mouse's next collaboration
10. Jeff Magnum (Neutral Milk Hotel) - Odds: 200/1 We wouldn't really even bother predicting this one normally, but it seems like Jeff Magnum has been slowiy making his way out into the world again, which could mean that somewhere, in the back of his head, he's thinking about releasing an album again. If this happens, we can think of nobody better to help usher Magnum's big, quirky sound into the 21st century than Danger Mouse.
9. Thurston Moore/Sonic Youth - Odds: 50/1 Thurston Moore and Danger Mouse seem like a perfect fit, but both musicians are so damn busy, this one might fail only because they'd never have time to get together. If it happened, it would be astonishing.
8. Beans - Odds: 40/1 Putting Beans and Danger Mouse together would be like putting Aphex Twin and Squarepusher in the same room with a hundred computers and instruments. It's likely the universe would explode into a billion pieces if this happened. However, considering they've both worked with some very similar artists over the years, it seems somewhat plausible. Conversely, if you could just swap out each of their collaborations, it could be equally awesome. Maybe Holy Fuck or Kool Keith with Danger Mouse and then Cee-lo or Beck with Beans?
7. Panda Bear - Odds: 30/1 The Animal Collective hype-train is bound to die off soon, and unless people are still swooning over Panda Bear in a couple of years, Noah Lennox is going to need to kick start his career by doing something truly out of the box: making a listenable song. What better person to help than Danger Mouse?
6. Missy Elliot - Odds: 10/1 Missy Elliot has been quiet for a little while, but we think she might be getting a little bored of working with Timbaland all the time. It's not that we're against Timbaland or anything, we'd just like to see her step up here game with someone well known for creating truly unique production.
5. Someone from TV on the Radio - Odds: 10/1 This is pretty much a match made in heaven. While the boys behind TV on the Radio are more than capable of producing great tracks, we can't help but think that a joint project between one of them and Danger Mouse would be exceptional.
4. Tobacco - Odds: 5/1 Here is our line of logic here: Tobacco has worked with Beck, Beck has worked with Danger Mouse, therefore Danger Mouse will someday work with Tobacco. It seems almost inevitable when you look at it like that.
3. Tom Waits - Odds: 5/1 This one might seem like a long shot at first glance and rightfully so. However, consider this: Danger Mouse worked with Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse on a couple different projects, and Tom Waits did vocals on a Mark Linkous album. A Tom Waits/Danger Mouse collaboration could very well be the coolest damn thing we've ever heard.
2. Del the Funkee Homosapien - Odds: 2/1 If this doesn't happen at some point, we'd be surprised. The two have worked together by proxy, but never directly with each other, exclusively. There is literally only one thing we'd want out of this: Deltron 3031. Please, oh please, make this happen!
1. Bon Iver - Odds: 2/1 Look, after Kanye West worked with Bon Iver, the next logical step on the production totem pole is collaboration with Danger Mouse. The only thing we could see getting in the way is the fact it would likely sound a lot like Broken Bells.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.