Queensized Pairings: Top 10 Queen Mash Ups
While we were trolling YouTube this morning, killing at least an hour watching and listening to all these awesome mash ups (yes, we know mashes are so completely played out at this point) by this Austrailian DJ named Schmolli, we noticed an inordinate number of Queen mash ups.
So what is it about the songs of Freddy Mercury and company that lend themselves to reinterpretation? Dunno. But since we were already there and all, we figured we'd pull together and rank the ten clips that grabbed us. Some of the pairings, as it turns out, work rather well, while others, not so much. Check out which ones made the cut after the jump.
10. Hey Ya! We Will Rock You: The worst pairing of the bunch, this composite isn't bad so much as it just feels forced, like having dinner with the inlaws.
09. Bleeding Ga Ga:Queen's "Radio Ga Ga" mated with "Bleeding Love" from Leona Lewis -- someone who makes radio programers go ga ga. Makes sense on paper. Better in theory than in practice, though, it turns out.
08. Crazy Little Thing Called Fergalicious: The first of three variations of this tracks posted here, this is the probably the most incongruous marriage. Even so, it succeeds in making Fergie somehow seem palatable.
07. Crazy Little Beautiful Stranger Stranger, eh? You think? Could've fooled us. These two sound like a couple of long lost soul mates that were always meant to be together.
06. Crazy Little Thing Called Rehab: This pairing works very well. Not too surprising, really. After all, the words "crazy" and "Amy Winehouse" are virtually synonymous by now, aren't they?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.