Ryan Tedder Shows His Support for Governor Hickenlooper by Mocking Him
Ryan Tedder tells Governor Hickenlooper that he is not singing real notes.
Screen capture from YouTube
Governor John Hickenlooper has always been a supporter of Colorado's music scene in both words and action. His passion meets his willingness to laugh at himself in a new video created by his campaign wherein OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder (a Colorado native and resident) tries to teach him "Counting Stars." It does not go well -- observe:
A few takeaways here:
1. The OneRepublic song "Counting Stars" is not a strong choice for karaoke. That chorus is murder for amateur vocalists.
2. Here's a thing Ryan Tedder says: "Can I be James Blunt with you for a second?" Yes, Ryan. Yes you can. Undress in a snowstorm for me. Tell me I'm beautiful.
3. Ryan Tedder would make a horrible guitar and/or singing instructor. He's very discouraging.
In addition to the video, the campaign released statements from both the governor and the pop star. They have fewer puns but are no less endearing than the video itself.
Ryan Tedder on John Hickenlooper:
John has always been a strong supporter of the arts in Colorado, both because he loves them, and because he knows they're good for our economy. He's a great guy who has helped turn our state's economy around, even during some really tough times. He may not be a great backup singer, but he's a great Governor, and I really encourage people to get out and vote for him in this election.
John Hickenlooper on Colorado music:
Ryan and OneRepublic are great examples of why Colorado rocks! Our arts and culture scene is one of the reasons our economy was just rated number one by Business Insider and one of the reasons so many of us love Colorado. While I'm sad I won't be jamming with Ryan any time soon, I'm proud to have earned his vote.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.
More MUSIC News
- Photos: The CSO Performs Alongside Colorado Bands
Fri., May 22, 8 p.m.
Thu., May 21, 8 p.m.
Thu., May 14, 8 p.m.
Sat., May 16, 8 p.m.
- The Ten Best Concerts in Denver This Weekend
- Rhinoceropolis and Glob In Photos: The Current Era