Ten things to know about Caffeine -- the party, not the drug -- before you go this weekend
Well-prepared Caffeine'rs last year: No giant purses, four-inch heels, and the appearance of friendliness. See the full 2010 Caffeine slideshow.
Photo: Aaron Thackeray
Last year, 7,000 people turned up for Caffeine, the springtime electronic music extravaganza at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield. Being grizzled party vets, we have some insight on what it takes to have a good time. Here's a list of ten things you need to know before you go.
Look at all those people! Get there early.
10. Get There Earlier Than You Think You Should The lines to get in can be swamped due to the security checks and popularity of the event. Don't be a classic clubber and show up at 11:00pm -- get there by 9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to avoid the crazy crush to enter. Trust: You'll thank us later.
You kids have a good time and don't drink too much.
9. Be Nice to the Law No matter what, be nice to the security guards/cops at the event. They're there to make sure everyone has a safe, good time -- and they're very nice and helpful if you're nice to them.
8. Cash It's faster and easier than a card, plus ATM fees are a waste of money.
7. Mentholatum This helps with the breathing when the masses surrounding you are sweating profusely and sharing your airspace... for six hours.
6. iPhone A crucial component that fits in your bra or your back pocket. If you don't film it and upload it instantly to Facebook, no one will believe you were actually there based on your hand held self portrait that's mostly forearm anyway.Next Page