This Saturday is poised to be the most celebrated day in our state's history, what with it being the first 4/20 since Amendment 64 was passed and all. Some of music's most heralded indulgers are being shipped in just to help the local stoners celebrate in style, from Slightly Stoopid and Cypress Hill at Red Rocks to Method and Red chillin' at Cervantes'. Whether you partake or not, we have a full list of shows, 4/20-related and not. Keep reading to see what all your options are this weekend. (Oh, and if we missed anything, please feel free to let us know.)
See also: - Raekwon's thoughts on storytelling in hip-hop - Slightly Stoopid's Miles Doughty on playing at Red Rocks on 4/20 and couch-lock ganja - A 4/20 playlist from marijuana critic William Breathes that's perfect for an irie 420
FRIDAY, APRIL 19
- 21st Annual Microbreweries for the Environment: With Juno What?!, 8 p.m., $22/$24. Boulder Theater, 2032 14th St., Boulder.
- AraabMuzik: 9 p.m., $15/$17. Fox Theatre, 1128 13th St., Boulder, 303-443-3399, www.foxtheatre.com.
- Dilated Peoples: 9 p.m., $20/$25. Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom, 2637 Welton St., Denver, 303-297-1772, www.cervantesmasterpiece.com.
- The Flobots: With Chris Karns f.k.a. DJ Vajra, 9 p.m., $24.20-$35. Aztlan Theatre, 974 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, 303-573-0188.
- Flosstradamus: 9 p.m., $25. Beta, 1909 Blake St., Denver, 303-383-1909, www.betanightclub.com.
- Hieroglyphics: With Archnemesis, 8 p.m., $20.
- Incredibowl's 420 Extravaganja: With DJ Premier and Raekwon, 8:30 p.m., $20-$30. HoodLab Colorado, 3354 Larimer St., Denver.
Keep reading for a rundown of Saturday's 4/20 shows.
SATURDAY, APRIL 20
- A. Tom Collins (CD release): With Land Lines and Reverend Deadeye (4/19) and the Knew and Space in Time (4/20), 9 p.m., $10. Hi-dive, 7 S. Broadway, Denver, 303-733-0230, www.hi-dive.com.
- Barrington Levy: With Squidly Cole (former member of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers) Rastasaurus, Desciples, P-Knuckle, DJ Mr. Brown, DJ Chris Milly, 7 p.m., $30. Casselman's Bar & Venue, 2620 Walnut St., Denver, 720-242-8923, www.casselmans.com.
- Black Mountain: With Indigenous Robot, 9 p.m., $15. Fox Theatre, 1128 13th St., Boulder, 303-443-3399, www.foxtheatre.com.
- cEvin Key: With Not Breathing, KUXAAN-SUM, Acidbat, DJ Mudwolf vs. DJ Bockhacker, DJ Hepster Pat and more, 9 p.m., $20. Fusion Factory, 3563 Walnut St., Denver, www.facebook.com/thefusionfactory.
- DeadPhish Orchestra: With Private Gripweed. Playing tribute to the Dead, Phish and The Beatles, 8:30 p.m., $8/$10. Boulder Theater, 2032 14th St., Boulder, 303-786-7030, www.bouldertheater.com.
- Hearts in Space (CD release): With Varlet and Dragondeer, 9 p.m., $12/$15. Larimer Lounge, 2721 Larimer St., Denver, 303-291-1007, www.larimerlounge.com.
- (Hed) PE: $13/$15. Summit Music Hall, 1902 Blake St., Denver, 303-443-2227, www.thesummitmusichall.com.
- Legalized It Sunset 420 Bash: With Immortal Technique, Black Thought, Diabolic, Poison Pen and DJ J Period. 3704 Downing St., 12 p.m., $20-$50, www.420Bash.com.
- Lucero: With Langhorne Slim & the Law, 9 p.m., $25/$30. Bluebird Theater, 3317 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, 303-377-1666, www.bluebirdtheater.net.
- Machine Gun Kelly: 9 p.m., $27.50/$30. Ogden Theatre, 935 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, 303-832-1874, www.ogdentheater.net.
- The Magic Beans: With Whiskey Tango, 8pm, $20, Oriental Theater, 4335 W. 44th Avenue, Denver, 720-420-0030, http://www.theorientaltheater.com.
- Max Creek: 8 p.m., $12. Quixote's True Blue, 314 E. 13th Ave., Denver, 303-366-6492, www.quixotes.com.
- Method Man & Redman: With the ReMINDers, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., $42/$45. Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom, 2637 Welton St., Denver, 303-297-1772, www.cervantesmasterpiece.com.
- Mord Fustang: 9 p.m., $15. Beta, 1909 Blake St., Denver, 303-383-1909, www.betanightclub.com.
- The Motet: With Ozomatli, Soul Rebels Brass Band and DJ Mikey Thunder, 8 p.m., $27.50/$30. Fillmore Auditorium, 1510 Clarkson St., Denver, 303-837-0360, www.livenation.com.
- Robby Schechter & the Motion Detectors: With Lion SoulJahs, Green River Vibe, Tim Yunker and The Sound Junkies. Herman's Hideaway, 1578 S. Broadway, Denver 303-777-2535, http://www.hermanshideaway.com.
- Slightly Stoopid: With Cypress Hill and Tribal Seeds, 7 p.m., $39.95-$45/VIP $80. Red Rocks Amphitheatre, 18300 W. Alameda Parkway, Morrison, 720-865-2494, www.redrocksonline.com.
- Steve Earle: 6 p.m., free. Twist & Shout, 2508 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, 303-722-1943, www.twistandshout.com.
- The Stone Foxes: With Spirit Family (reunion) and the Blue Rider, 9 p.m., $11/$15. Larimer Lounge, 2721 Larimer St., Denver, 303-291-1007, www.larimerlounge.com.
- Turkuaz: With Technicolor Tone Factory, Wake Up And Live (Bob Marley tribute) and Kanekoa, 9 p.m., $10/free before 9 p.m. Cervantes' Other Side, 2637 Welton St., Denver, 303-297-1772, www.cervantesmasterpiece.com.
- The Worth (EP release): With Cult of the Lost Cause, Chingaso, and Bronze, 8 p.m., $5. 3 Kings Tavern, 60 S. Broadway, Denver, 303-777-7352, www.3kingstavern.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!