The polarizing picks of 3OH!3: Ten pop albums that should be listened to all the way through
Blare Magazine. Familiar? Yeah, us neither. Regardless, the site (blog?) recently posted a list that struck us as fairly interesting: ten pop albums that Nate Motte thinks should be listened to all the way through. We stumbled onto the link via AbsolutePunk.net, where a number of folks expressed their displeasure with the band and scoffed at the legitimacy of Nate's picks. While you can argue that a few of the albums hardly qualify as "pop," beyond that, it's really not that big of a stretch to believe that Motte is a fan of those records. See his picks after the jump, and while you're there, check out the video AP filmed at the Fox Theatre during the act's most recent stop. featuring the band and a cameo from Kamtin Mohager from Chain Gang of the 1974, whose playing bass with 3OH!3 on the act's current tour.
Ten Pop Albums to Listen to All the Way Through
01. Justin Timberlake - Futuresex Lovesounds
02. Buck 65 - Man Overboard
03. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
04. The Who - Tommy
05. Lily Allen - It's Not Me It's You
06. Chris Witley - Hotel Vast Horizon
07. Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings
08. Joanna Newsom - Ys
09. Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
10. The Rentals - Return Of The Rentals
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.