The ten best New Year's Eve shows in Denver
Wow! Has 2012 really already come to a close? If you are anything like us, you might be relieved, but either way, you're ready to start the new year. That doesn't mean this year shouldn't end on a good note (pun fully intended). With that in mind, we've compiled a list of the ten best shows with which to quench your thirst for champagne, provide you with opportunities to snag that midnight kiss, and thus welcome 2013 with open arms. Good luck!
10. 3OH!3 at the Gothic Theatre With a little help from recent KTCL Hometown for the Holidays winners My Body Sings Electric, 3OH!3 and Chaingang of 1974 will rip, rap and rock with you until the ball drops. Time: 7 p.m. Cost: $30, all ages
9. Twista at Vinyl Nightclub Club Vinyl will host the lightning-fast lyricism of Twista on New Year's Eve with three floors of music, dancing and drinks. Time: 8:30 p.m. Cost: $20-25, all ages
8. From the Dark Feat. Three at NORAD Dance Bar NORAD will surely give you the boost in your buns you need for dancing your way into the new year with help from DJ Three, Sergei Loginov and Oonaslim. Time: 9 p.m. Cost: $15-20, 21+
7. The Black Angels at the Bluebird Theater Along with support from Snake Rattle Rattle Snake and Chains of Love, the Black Angels will rock and roll you into 2013 with horns raised and hopes high. Time: 8 p.m. Cost: $35-40, 16+
6. Decadence New Years at the Colorado Convention Center Last year's Decadence drew a supposed crowd of more than 11,000 people, but the event might beat that this year. With perfromances from Mimosa, EcoTek, ATB, Wolfgang Gartner, Krewella, Zeds Dead, Rudee, Paul Basic, Fury, Flosstradamus and more, the Colorado Convention Center will definitely be packed with dance-music aficionados. Time: 8 p.m. Cost: $82.65, 18+
5. Sound Tribe Sector 9 at the Fillmore Auditorium The group closes out a three-night run at the Fillmore Auditorium this night, and STS9 is sure to pull out all the stops on the close of its T.W.E.L.V.E. (Time Within Evolving Living Vehicle Earth) tour. Time: 8 p.m. Cost: $89.75, all ages
4. Amon Tobin at City Hall Events Venue Amon Tobin brings his powerful DJ set to City Hall for a drum-and-bass beatdown of epic proportions. With an album forthcoming and plenty of back-catalog options to draw from, Tobin's set will follow legends Kastle and Eprom as well as Denver regulars Future Simple Project, Seied and the Digital Connection. Time: 8 p.m. Cost: $40-60, all ages
3. Chris Robinson Brotherhood at Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom This brotherhood, which welcomes you to join it for three full sets on NYE, isn't a members-only kind of party. Join the blues rock crew as it jams into the night to celebrate the new year. Time: 8 p.m. Cost: $45-50, 16+
2. Cee Lo Green and Goodie Mob at Belly Up Aspen Belly Up Aspen hosts some amazing shows, and leading up to this, Thievery Corporation will be playing an intimate set. However, on NYE, Cee Lo and his Goodie Mob cohorts will gangster-fy the destination ski town with some serious hip-hop. Time: 9 p.m. Cost: $375, all ages
1. String Cheese Incident at 1STBank Center While closing out a three-night Colorado run, the String Cheese Incident will warm up the winter night with endless mandolin riffs, flawless percussion and rock-heavy bluegrass. Time: 6:30 p.m. Cost: $55-60, all ages
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.