Tila Tequila's Juggalo attack: Five best video responses
Over the weekend, as you've no doubt heard, Tila Tequila got pelted with rocks and all sorts of random projectiles at the 11th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos at Cave-In Rock, Illinois. The reaction from the Juggalo family this morning has been split so far; some are proud to have attacked her, while others are ashamed. (We always assumed this sort of thing was expected at the Gathering -- it's fairly well known that Juggalos are prone to throwing stuff, at least according to this NSFW link to Vice's Travelogue -- but, evidently, not everyone's been clued in.) Watch our five favorite clips after the jump.
05. Typoking If you fast-forward to about 1:53, you'll see this weird dude start "acting" like Tila Tequila. Or, at least, we think it's acting. He's wearing a mask, anyway.
04. Vanessa2270 We especially like that she calls her "Tilia" Tequila and then proceeds to apologize for the "family" -- for NINE MINUTES!
03. ItsSpikeHere Look at this little socially responsible Juggalo, walking around the park, talking to his camera -- being a good citizen. He sure does say "y'all" a lot, and then goes on to talk about how the "family" doesn't know how to act. Zing!
02. The TempWhiteboy334 As far as we can tell, this dude started a rumor that the Gathering may be canceled -- and the video responses to this video are pretty good -- but we honestly have no idea what the hell any of these people are talking about.
01. Rapeandkillpeople There are a lot of "haters" out there who say Juggalos are stupid, that they're a gang -- this guy is clearly here to reinforce every negative stereotype in the book. Look at his username, for crying out loud. We kind of hoped he would break through the pigeonhole...but, no, he just reinforces everything you've ever heard.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.
More MUSIC News
- Shows, Shows, Shows: A Glimpse of Rhinoceropolis Through Flier Art
Thu., May 14, 8 p.m.
Sat., May 16, 8 p.m.
Fri., May 15, 8 p.m.
Fri., May 22, 8 p.m.
- Tom Hagerman Talks About the CSO's New Collaboration with Local Artists
- Every New Denver Concert Announcement