All right, so we've reached the end of another work week in the Mile High City. While we can no longer brag about having the best selling band in the country, from what we can tell, Denver music is still on the minds and in the ears of at least a few prominent folks in what's left of the industry. The highlights of the week: AP Magazine listed 3OH!3 as one of the one hundred bands you need to know in 2009, Jessica Sonner landed a song on an episode of HBO's Big Love, which is slated to air this Sunday night, we learned that Leftover Salmon's Bill McKay will not be charged in the potential criminal case he was facing in Eagle County and Jim McTurnan is working with Jason Martin from Starflyer 59 on the former's upcoming solo album. What else... oh, we offered you an exclusive sneak peek of the new Still City album, revealed the line-up for the Mile Hi-Fidelity day party at SXSW, and a whole bunch more. After the jump, as we always do at this time, we've posted a handy link guide so you can reflect on the week or catch up on anything you might have missed. Have a great weekend. See y'all on Monday!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Starflyer 59's Jason Martin on tap to mix and master Jim McTurnan's new solo record
- Ben Folds and the CU Buffoons
- Robert Schneider's Robbert Bobbert character being developed into animated series
- Bobby Valentino tops Independent Records best sellers
- The Fray grabs top spot at Twist & Shout again
- Freaky Friday: Smearballs
- Hanging on by letting go, part two
- B-Boy Fienz to host pre-Mighty 4 Colorado event in March
- Dent offers his entire catalogue for free download
- Lion Sized have hearts like, well, lions
Thursday, February 19, 2009
- 3OH!3 makes AP's 100 Bands You Need to Know in 2009 list
- Making music: Now this is what it's really all about
- Jessica Sonner lands song on Big Love
- Win tickets to Bands You Need to Know 2 at the Marquis tonight
- Holding on by letting go, part one
- Dialed In: local music on the radio
- Mile Hi-Fidelity playlist - 02.18.09
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- Update: Lineup for Mile Hi-Fidelity day party at SXSW
close to beingconfirmed
- See Slipknot free, courtesy of FashioNation
- Reviews of new releases by Bruce Springsteen, Charlie Louvin, John Shannon
- Ten bands we'd watch on TV
- Rowboat, row me to my shore
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- The Fray covers, uh ... Kanye West?
- Leftover Salmon's Bill McKay will not be charged
- Eric Clapton, the Faint, Pennywise shows announced
- Sneak peek: the Still City's new album
- 29th Street Disciples' new disc is pure napalm
- Flier of the week: Laura Goldhamer at the Oriental Theater
- The Jukebox Effect
- Former Break Mechanics MC, P.A.A.S., to step off the stage for good?
Monday, February 16, 2009