Week in Review: 2/2/09 - 2/6/09)
Undoubtedly, the biggest news this week was word that Jim Dalton had been asked to join Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, replacing his friend, departing guitarist Steve Larson. This was also the week that the Fray's new album hit stores, which made for a great photo opportunity for Locals Only host, Alf. We posted a lot of other stuff this week including a Q&A with Fucked Up's Damian Abraham, Sound Bites returned and we gave you the scoop on the lineup thus far for Heavenfest 2009. To catch up on things you might've missed this week or to refresh your memory, we've compiled a handy list of links for you after the jump. See you on Monday!
Friday, February 6, 2009
- Thank God it's Friday!
- This just in: Denver has a thriving punk scene
- Freaky Friday: The legend of Weng Weng
- Lost 100K Battle track from Infinite Mindz springs a leak
- Missed the list: Kanye West 808s and Heartbreak
- Strange Powers returns...
- That John Common is something else, isn't he?
- Neil McIntyre collabs with Kurtis Blow
- Flier of the week: Fell at Herman's Hideaway
- Bottesini Project to set up shop in San Francisco for the night
- Neil Young kicks the year off with a hilarious new single
- Born in the Flood announces a mountain mini-tour
- Q&A with Fucked Up's Damian Abraham
- Mile Hi-Fidelity recast + playlist - 02.04.09
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
- Watch the Fray live tonight from New York
- Codename: Carter cracks the code
- Update: Join the Photo Atlas video shoot
- Is it too early to reminisce about mid-'90s rap?
- Heavenfest reveals line-up for 2009 festival
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- Lily Allen, Flight of the Conchords, Franz Ferdinand shows announced
- Isaac Slade on the meaning of "You Found Me"
- Jim Dalton joins Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
- Herman Gauche delights and disgusts equally
- Good Morning, America. Today's the Fray
- Ludacris Independent Records' top seller
- Bruce Springsteen grabs number-one spot at Twist & Shout
- Sound Bites: Ben Nichols, O Pioneers, Two Cow Garage and more
- The Mansfields to tour with the Queers
- Reno Divorce at the Ogden Theatre
- The Boss was made for loving you
- Hot Congress Show 1 at Moe's Original Barbecue
- Spinning the Wheel
- Review: Charles Spearin - The Happiness Project
- Review: Roger Manning, Jr. - Catnip Dynamite
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.