Win a VIP upgrade to this year's Westword Music Showcase for you and a guest
The Sword at last year's Showcase. Get your ears blown-out this year from the front-row with our VIP contest.
Update (5/2/12): Congrats to Adriana Terron, winner of round two! The challenge questions for round three will be up later today!
Update (4/25/12): Congrats to Alexis Puttmann, winner of round one! The challenge questions for round two are below!
Welcome to round one of this year's VIP upgrade contest Westword Music Showcase -- June 23 in the Golden Triangle -- in which we'll give two people VIP upgrades (totaling $150) for the festival. Read on to find out how to play.
This Week's Challenge:
1. Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears are the latest addition to this year's Showcase. Who produced the band's first album?
2. The tyke in this photo is wearing an S.O.A. t-shirt. What is the name of band the singer of S.O.A. went on to join next?
Corey Feldman & the Angels ~ Live In Concert ~ At Moxi Theater
TicketsSun., Jun. 25, 8:00pm
TicketsWed., Jun. 28, 8:00pm
The Anchor & Scarlet Canary Shut Up & Mosh Tour W/ Infinite Conscious
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 8:00pm
Broncos Block Party
TicketsSun., Jul. 2, 6:00pm
Marcia Ball & Coco Montoya
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 6:00pm
3. In what year did Macklemore begin collaborating with Ryan Lewis? (The two play the main stage this year.)
How to Enter: Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with "UPGRADE ME!" as the subject. We'll pick from random one of the correct answers.
Some Rules: ** If you are the winner, you ticket will be upgraded to VIP and we'll set you up with another VIP ticket for a friend, giving you both a chance to receive the VIP treatment -- complimentary catering, seating and shade, plus two beers or cocktails, complimentary water, access to VIP restrooms and a commemorative festival laminate.
• To enter, you must purchase a regular general admission ticket. The difference between VIP and General Admission is about $75 day-of-concert, so the prize is valued at $150.
• Winner schedule: • Round one on April 25 • Round two on April 30 • Round three on May 7 • Round four on May 14 • Round five on May 21 • Round five on May 28 • Round six on June 4 • Round seven on June 11 • Round eight on June 18
Follow Backbeat on Twitter: @westword_music
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.