10 best tweets about Tim Tebow following the Broncos win over Miami
Just in case you went on a two-day heroin bender starting early Sunday or you were busy occupying stuff for the past several days, Tim Tebow really screwed up the Broncos' chance of drafting Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck after the season. He led two touchdown drives with less than three minutes remaining in the game and beat the Miami Dolphins in overtime -- and afterward, as you might expect, Twitter exploded with Tebow talk -- much of it hilarious.
The Chosen One was still trending over 24 hours after the team's second win of the season. A surprisingly large amount of NBA players offered compliments and an unsurprisingly large number of guys whose avatar is a picture of themselves taken with their cell phone in the mirror called him "fucking gay."
Here are the ten best tweets about Tebow.
10. Andrew Brandt: It's an easy joke to make, but it's still clever -- and it gets you on the list.
9. Stephen Rodrick: Only slightly less monumental than the JFK assassination, right?
8. Ryan McGee: This tweet obviously plays on Tebow's rich history in witchcraft.
7. Peyton's Head: We're not sure what it says about America that a Twitter account making fun of the size of Peyton Manning's head has over 13,000 followers. Still, this tweet both makes fun of relentlessly annoying ESPN gas bag Skip Bayless and points out that playing Miami is not a real NFL game.
6. Josh Prestigiacomo: A message ESPN executives should have read before planning their post-game coverage. Page down for the top five.
5. Shooter McGavin: Apparently, the bad guy from Happy Gilmore has a Twitter account and likes to make religious/gay jokes.
4. The Fake ESPN: An ironic tweet considering LeBron James is Tebow's most famous Twitter fan.
3. Bruce Arthur: For those of you who aren't big sports fans, the 1984 Dolphins went 14-2, started Dan Marino at quarterback and played in the Super Bowl. This year's Dolphins might go 0-16, start something called Matt Moore at QB and will only go to the Super Bowl if they buy tickets.
2. Manhunt: We got so caught up in the win that we forgot to mention Tebow kissed a dude -- wide receiver Demaryius Thomas. Manhunt, which claims to be the biggest and best place online for men to meet men, is pretty excited about what appears to be a Tebow man kiss.
1. The Fake ESPN: Making its second appearance on this list, Fake ESPN comes strong by covering the religious and athletic bases. It's the Twitter equivalent of Tebow's second touchdown pass.
More from our Sports archive: "Ten slogans for the pro-Tim Tebow, anti-Kyle Orton billboard."
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.