Debate 2012: "I love Big Bird," "I like coal" and other top one-liners at Obama-Romney face-off
While reporters at the University of Denver debate weren't actually in the main room where Barack Obama and Mitt Romney battled, part of the fun of being on site is the rapid-fire media tweeting. Given that the debate set Twitter records -- and inspired multiple spoof accounts -- we thought we'd list our favorite, most Tweetable (and sometimes very out-of-context) one-liners and zingers.
12. Mitt Romney: "You're entitled, as the president, to your own airplane and to your own house, but not to your own facts."
11. Barack Obama: "Donald Trump doesn't like to think of himself as small anything."
10. Romney: "Expensive things hurt families."
9. Obama: "I had five seconds before you interrupted me."
8. Jim Lehrer: "Your five seconds went away a long time ago."
7. Romney: "I'm sure this was the most romantic place you could imagine."
6. Lehrer: "I'm not going to...say...your answers have been too long or I've done a poor job."
5. Obama: "You've done a great job, Jim."
4. Obama: "His big, bold idea is 'never mind.'"
3. Romney: "By the way, I like coal."
2. Obama: "This was a terrific debate."
1. Romney: "I love Big Bird."
More from our Politics archive: "Photos: Hate, love, chaos and spin before and after Denver debate."
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.