Debate 2012: "I love Big Bird," "I like coal" and other top one-liners at Obama-Romney face-off
While reporters at the University of Denver debate weren't actually in the main room where Barack Obama and Mitt Romney battled, part of the fun of being on site is the rapid-fire media tweeting. Given that the debate set Twitter records -- and inspired multiple spoof accounts -- we thought we'd list our favorite, most Tweetable (and sometimes very out-of-context) one-liners and zingers.
12. Mitt Romney: "You're entitled, as the president, to your own airplane and to your own house, but not to your own facts."
11. Barack Obama: "Donald Trump doesn't like to think of himself as small anything."
10. Romney: "Expensive things hurt families."
Colorado Rockies vs. San Francisco Giants
TicketsMon., Sep. 4, 1:10pm
Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres
TicketsFri., Sep. 15, 6:40pm
Colorado Rockies vs. Miami Marlins
TicketsMon., Sep. 25, 6:40pm
Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
TicketsFri., Sep. 29, 6:10pm
Denver Outlaws / Major League Lacrosse All Star Game
TicketsSat., Dec. 29, 6:00pm
9. Obama: "I had five seconds before you interrupted me."
8. Jim Lehrer: "Your five seconds went away a long time ago."
7. Romney: "I'm sure this was the most romantic place you could imagine."
6. Lehrer: "I'm not going to...say...your answers have been too long or I've done a poor job."
5. Obama: "You've done a great job, Jim."
4. Obama: "His big, bold idea is 'never mind.'"
3. Romney: "By the way, I like coal."
2. Obama: "This was a terrific debate."
1. Romney: "I love Big Bird."
More from our Politics archive: "Photos: Hate, love, chaos and spin before and after Denver debate."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.