Last week, authorities found Dennis Mann, 41, dead at the scene of an accident at 640 West Tennessee Avenue involving complications of high voltage electrocution. Mann's death was Denver's eleventh electrocution in the past 21 years. He was working around a power line while cleaning out a concrete construction truck and its associated piping when the truck came into contact with a high-voltage wire.
Michelle Weiss-Samaras of the Denver Medical Examiner's office provided these statistics on electrocution deaths since 1991 in Denver:
1991: Two live wires
High-voltage electrocution. A man was manipulating two live wires while showing off for a friend when was electrocuted. 1993: Tree saw
High-voltage electrocution. A man was trimming a tree and hit a power line with the saw. 1994: Ladder
High-voltage electrocution. A man who was planning to paint his house put the ladder up against the side of the building, touching an electrical line. Page down to continue reading the coroner's office list. 1995: Waterbed with leak and heating pad
Low-voltage electrocution. A man was sleeping in his waterbed that had a slow leak with his heating pad on the bed. 2001: Light fixture
Low-voltage electrocution. A man was working on an overhead light fixture and was electrocuted. 2003: Bathtub and radio
Low-voltage electrocution. A young woman with seizures was taking a bath and her radio fell into the tub. Page down to continue reading the coroner's office list. 2004: Intentional
Low-voltage electrocution. Intentional electrocution (suicide). 2007: Blow dryer and electric strip
Low-voltage electrocution. A young woman with wet hair/towel was using a blow dryer when she collapsed on top of an electric strip. This was listed as undetermined as it was not proven that she was electrocuted, but the examiners found nothing else that might have caused her death. 2007: Trimming trees
Possible electrocution: A man was trimming trees and hit the electric line. Page down to continue reading the coroner's office list. 2009: Electrical equipment
Low-voltage electrocution. A 49-year-old male construction worker was working with electrical equipment at the site when his ladder came into contact with a wire. 2012: Concrete truck
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
High-voltage electrocution. A 41-year-old male was cleaning out a concrete construction truck and its associated piping when it appeared that the truck came in contact with a high-voltage electrical wire.
More from our Strange but True archive: "Killer sheepdogs and five other top terrors of the backcountry"