Dominique Redwood & Jesse Rincon: Latest on alleged sex assaulter, accused hit-and-run driver
Big pics below.
Update: The Denver District Attorney's Office has announced charges in two very different but equally serious crimes. Dominique Redwood is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at knifepoint in a light-rail station elevator, while Jesse Rincon faces a hit-and-run count for allegedly injuring a boy. Page down for details from DA's office releases and larger booking photos.
Denver District Attorney's Office release about Dominique Redwood:
MAN CHARGED IN SOUTH DENVER ATTACK
Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey has formally charged a man who is accused of attacking a woman near the light rail station at Belleview and Quebec earlier this month.
Dominique Redwood (dob: 01-27-92) has been charged with second-degree kidnapping (F2), sexual assault (F2) and aggravated robbery (F3). The charges were filed on Wednesday; Redwood appeared in Denver County Court today to be formally advised.
The victim, a 23-year-old woman, was leaving the light rail station on March 6, 2011 at about 4:30 p.m. when she was attacked. The charges allege that Redwood walked up behind her and forced her at knifepoint into an elevator where he sexually assaulted her and then stole her purse. Detectives with the Denver Police Department's Sex Crimes Unit was able to identify Redwood as a suspect and arrested him just a few days later.
Redwood remains in custody in the Denver County Jail; his bond is set at $100,000. He was advised of the formal charges today, and is now scheduled for a preliminary hearing in Denver County Courtroom 2100 on April 5, 2011 at 8:30 a.m.
Denver District Attorney's Office release about Jesse Rincon. Note that the hit-and-run victim was originally identified as a teen. However, DA's office spokeswoman Lynn Kimbrough now says he was not yet a teen, and identifying him as either a "boy" or "young boy" is more accurate. She adds that the boy has now been discharged from an area hospital after being treated for serious injuries.
MAN CHARGED IN HIT/RUN CRASH THAT INJURED BOY
Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey has formally charged a man accused in a hit and run crash last Sunday that left a boy with serious injuries.
Jesse Rincon (dob: 12-16-37) has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in serious bodily injury (F5) and no proof of insurance (T1). The charges were filed Wednesday; Rincon appeared in Denver County Court this morning to be formally advised of the charges.
The charges allege that on March 13, 2011 at about 3:30 p.m., Rincon was driving westbound on Evans Avenue when he hit a boy who was in crossing Evans at Federal Boulevard. The charges further allege that Rincon failed to stop. Witnesses followed the car and were able to direct police to the location of the suspect. Rincon was taken into custody in the 2200 block of south Hooker Street without incident.
Rincon remains in custody in the Denver County Detention Center. His bond is set at $25,000. He is scheduled to appear in Denver County Courtroom 2100 on April 5, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. for a preliminary hearing.
More from our Colorado Crimes archive: "Frances Woodke & Shakiel Madden-Vaughn: Latest on hooker with AIDS, teen sex assaulter."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Anti-Pot Crusader Hints at Marijuana Psychosis in Planned Parenthood Attack
Wed., Dec. 9, 7:00pm
Wed., Dec. 9, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 7:35pm
- Reader: People Who Bitch About Peyton Manning Are NFL Nutsacks
- Four Denver-Area Restaurants That Said Goodbye in November & 22 New Arrivals