Fifty reasons Colorado is the best state in the country, 2013 edition
In 2011, we published a post counting down the fifty reasons Colorado is the best state. But that wasn't enough to express our affection for our home, so we followed up in 2012 with the fifty latest reasons why Colorado is the best state in the country. And still, we didn't cover everything. So now, continuing the tradition, we bring you the 2013 edition, with fifty new reasons, illustrated with photos and videos and lovingly assembled by the Westword staff. Look below to remind yourself why you live here -- and to let everyone else know why we love it so much.50. Colorado's welcome signs are better than your state's welcome signs.
49. We have the second-most craft breweries of any state, behind only California -- and ours are better.
48. The Denver Zoo's elephant exhibit is too big to fit into a trunk.
46. Denver's booming comedy scene is nothing to laugh at. Wait: Actually, it is.
44. Is there a better name for an institution of higher learning than the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics?
43. Crocs may seem kinda corny, but we love them anyhow.
42. We've got some of the liveliest zombies around.
Photo by Brandon Marshall
41. The Ouray Hot Springs
Continue to keep counting down the fifty reasons Colorado is the best state in the country, 2013 edition.Next Page
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.