Is the world's best vodka in Colorado?
This week's feature story, "Clear Thinking: Vodka makers hope pure spring water from Colorado pushes them to the top shelf," focuses on Spring44, a Colorado-based company whose inspiration comes from a natural spring in the middle of Roosevelt National Forest, a spring that also supplies a key ingredient for the spirits.
Spring44's partners think the purity of that spring -- and the force of their vision -- could have enough power to knock out such unAmerican, "ultra-premium" vodkas as the ever-popular Grey Goose and Belvedere. Can they do it? Our feature story goes to the spring.
Read "Clear Thinking."
- Video:See the secluded spring that provides the water for Spring44
- Culture:Vodka: a shaken, but not stirred, history of the spirit on screen
- Mixology:Five Denver bartenders mix up vodka cocktails you can make at home
- Evaluating Taste:How different does Spring44 vodka taste from its competitors?
- Celebrity Plugs:The top five celebrity endorsements of vodka
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Marijuana Strain Review: Keplar at Golden Meds
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:30pm
Sun., Sep. 6, 2:00pm
Fri., Sep. 11, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 1:00pm
- Reader: Saying Someone is Ugly and Has Big Boobs Isn't Sexist
- Foodies Mourn the Death of Le Central