KushCon II, DJ Craze, Mark Farina, Female Trouble: What you missed over the weekend
It was a busy weekend for Westword.com. Hope yours was relaxing though. Here is a round-up of our weekend coverage.
- On Friday we published our "100 best nightlife photos of 2010" slideshow, which showed off the dancing, drinking and sexy partying that went down around Denver over the last eleven and a half months or so.
- Hey! Drop Dead, Gorgeous want you to know they haven't broken up. Which means that Friday night's show at Summit Music Hall wasn't the band's last. Aaron Thackeray brings back these photos from Drop Dead, Gorgeous at Summit.
- On Saturday, we recapped the previous night's scene at Bar Standard, which holds the weekly "Female Trouble" party.
- Also on Saturday we published a review of Mark Farina on Friday night at the Gothic Theatre by Amber Taufen, as well as a slideshow from Farina at the Gothic by Jonathan Shoup.
- We also had a writer on Saturday night at the 3 Kings Tavern for Chad Price's show. Chris Meehan has the story.
- Writer Jon Solomon on Friday night was at the Walnut Room for Bad Luck City. Read his review of the show.
- Legendary turntablist DJ Craze spun the crowd into a frenzy on Saturday night at Beta. See all the DJ Craze at Beta photos, by nightlife photographer Jonathan Shoup.
- On Saturday night, Tom Murphy checked out Low at Larimer Lounge and has this review. Be sure to check out the cool illustrations by Noah Van Sciver.
- On Sunday, we published photos from the marijuana mega-convention, KushCon II (the first was in April.) Check out the People of KushCon II gallery, by Aaron Thackeray. Also, check out pot critic William Breathes' 10 favorite products at KushCon, and see how a suburban Denver man has plans to keep your weed out of the hands of your teenager, with his "Prescription Lock."
- What goes better together than ski goggles and a bikini top? Nothing, if you were one of the attendees at the second-annual Goggles and Bikini Fashion Show on Saturday night at the Jet Hotel. Shoup has the photos.
- Buzzov•en played on Sunday night at the 3 Kings Tavern and Kiernan Maletsky has the review and photos from the show.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.